ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᖴOᑌᖇTEEᑎ

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh!- - Y-yes! Good day, lady (Y/N)."

She curtesy and backs out the room, grabbing the other handle with her.

The door creaks shut with a click, leaving nothing but the sound of soft mummers in the room.

The tickle of hair on my neck and smell of ink and spiced figs catch my nose and prompt me to turn back around.

To my surpris, Mr. Kim is mere centimetres from my face with a wide closed mouth smile and expectant look on his face.

I yet out a small yelp and  jerk backwards, my head colliding with the pole.

"Shit!," I curse, as I massage the sore spot.

He pays no mind to my injury and leans so that our noses almost touch.

I freeze, unsure what to make of this situation. The irrational part of me wants to smoosh his face away with my hand but if this turns out to be some weird form of etiquette then I'll be thrown out for sure.

His eyes peruse mine as he searches for something I'm unsure of.

A small line appears between his eyebrows as he frowns. Almost as if he's found it, but didn't like what it was.

I think back to when I was getting dolled up.

Maybe I touched my face without realizing it and smudged something.

His brows furrow even more before suddenly jumping up to his hairline in shock.

It's immediately replaced with a look of intrigue and mischief   as he mumbles something unintelligible to himself.

His eyes glint with an emotion I can't put my finger in as leans in even more.

A audible gasps grabs my attention and reminds me of where we are.

I'm suddenly keenly aware of the eyes on us and the fact that we have an audience and panic.

"Mr. Kim!," I exclaim in a voice an octave or two too high.

He seems to snap out of his transe and leans back with a blank look.

He quickly replaces his blank look with a big smile. He changes his blank expression so fast I almost thought I imagined it.

I pay close attention to his smile, noting that this one seems more calculated this time, rehearsed even.

"Well, my dear?," he motions to the group of group of girls at a table in the centre of the library, one that I realize is breathtakingly beautiful.

Three stories of books and a variety of sitting areas. Shelves carpeted from a rich, warm brown that's accented with cream and white furniture.

Gold lined supporting beams along the shelves, adorned with carvings of flowers and swirls that threaten to jump out of their wooden prison.

The gloss of the floor catches my eye and steals my breath when I look down.

The floors are a cream colour that are even more glossy then they were in the corridor.

It looks like someone took a thick layer of honey and spread it throughout the entire first floor.

I then notice the markings and stare in silent awe of the the massive map sketched underneath our feet.

It covers the entire first floor and draws me in with its, rivers, lines mountain sketches and countries....that aren't familiar?

After Athitin and a few of the neighbouring countries there are a multitude of places and bodies of water that are unfamiliar to me.