Chapter 13

You woke up the next morning feeling way more refreshed than any other day this past week and a half? You weren't sure how long it's been since you and Sukuna started this weird relationship. You were pretty sure it was only a couple of days, but time just flies when you are barely there to begin with. You got up, your school outfit still on, and walked into the bathroom to see your hair is a knotted bun. You looked less tired than yesterday, the bags under your eyes barely noticeable as some life came back to your eyes. The color to your skin coming back and you gave a genuine smile at yourself in the mirror. Last night was nice.

You finish brushing your teeth, putting on deodorant, and fixing your hair back into it's regular messy bun. A knock is heard on your door and you walk out of your bathroom and swing the door open to be faced with a smiling Yuji. 

"Good morning, (Y/N)!" He shouts and you giggle at him. "Good morning, Yuji!" You yell back. His smile widens even further if that was possible at the fact that you finally looked happy again. "Look at you!" He shouts. You raise an eyebrow and look at your own outfit. "Is there something on my clothes?" You turn around to try and look at yourself, but Yuji grabs ahold of you and spins you back around to him. "No, you just look happy." He pulls you into a hug. "I was getting worried about you." You chuckle and return the hug. "I was just a little sad." You close your eyes and enjoy the embrace from your best friend. He lets go and then frowns. You give him a questioning glance. "What's wrong?" You ask grabbing onto his arm to give him some comfort. He shakes his head and sighs. "Just Sukuna being his usual violent self." You stop rubbing his arm and begin to stare off into space. Violent? You wondered if it was toward you or not, but last night made it out to be the opposite of what Sukuna usually was. 

"What's he saying?" You come back down to Earth and grab onto both of Yuji's hands. He squeezes your hands and looks down to the ground. "Just some stuff about taking over the world and what not. Although, he hasn't really mentioned you lately, which is weird, because that's all he used to do." He questions Sukuna's intentions and your heart sinks to your stomach. So it wasn't about you, but he hasn't said anything about you lately. You couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Your gut tells you it might be a good thing, that maybe he won't hurt you anymore. 

You squeeze Yuji's hands back and ask if there are any classes today, since you didn't have time to look at your planner beforehand. Yuji nods his head and tells you it's just training from 13:00 to 17:00. You groan and let go of Yuji's hands to make a dramatic scene of falling to the ground and dying. Yuji laughs at the spectacle you made and helps you back up. You smile at him and look back at the time. "It's only 10:00, we have time to get breakfast and goof around a little bit." Yuji nods and a small smile forms on his face. "Let me just get my shoes on." You say and turn around, but feel a pair of arms snake around your waist and hold you in place. "Yuji, let go." You laugh and spin around in his arms only to come face to face with the curse in question. "Hey!" You yell. "Bring back Yuji!" You frown at the curse and he only laughs. 

"I will not be returning him until you start your training. Although I could train you so much better. I've already seen all your moves." You groan and he lets you peel his arms away from you. "Fine, whatever, what do you want to do?" You cross your arms in front of your chest as he puts one of his hands to his chin as if he was really thinking about where to go. He hums and close his eyes. You scoff at him. "Just tell me, I can tell you already know where you want to go." He opens his eyes and smiles at you. "I do happen to know where we are going." He lets go of his chin and holds his hand out to you. You take his hand without any hesitation and his smile grows. "Close your eyes, princess." You roll your eyes at him and close them. 

A gush of wind passes by you and you are tempted to open your eyes but decide to keep them closed. Sukuna already seems in a good mood and you really didn't want to fuck it up. He lets go of your hand. "Open your eyes." You sigh and open your eyes to see a public pool. "What the fuck?" You question and turn to face Sukuna who is standing by your left side. "What are we doing here? And why is there no one else here?" You glance around the pool to see everything in working order, but no people. He chuckles next to you and you look back to him. "This place is closed for another week. You gawk at him. "Closed?" He nods his head and turns to look at you. His eyes wander from your eyes to your lips and back to your eyes. You roll your eyes at him. "Yes, I thought it'd be best if we went somewhere that no one will be at." He says and you turn back to face the pool. It was a fairly small area. The pool itself went from 2 feet all the way down to 6 feet. At the 6 feet section there is another area that connects but it's 12 feet deep due to the three twisty slides on that side. A light goes off in your head. "Hey, I've been to this pool before, in the states." Sukuna laughs. "I know, you brought the brat here one summer." You give him a questioning glance, but soon come back to the realization that he in fact has all the memories that Yuji does. "Don't spy on us in his memories please." You try to politely ask the demon to stay away from those precious memories but he scoffs. "Never." You sigh. "I can't even swim here anyways, I don't have a bathing suit." Some soft fabric touches your arm and you look over to see Sukuna holding a black one piece. You glance from the bathing suit then up to Sukuna. "Are you serious?" He gives you a single nod before you groan and grab the bathing suit and walk to the changing rooms. "You know you'll have fun here!" He shouts after you. You once again roll your eyes at him and enter the changing room.