Farjaad laughed and nudged her, "Sharam karo. Hone wale shauhar ke saamne pehli mohabbat ke kisse dohra rahi ho?"

"Hai tou hai. Aapko adjust karna padega."

"Chalein...aap ke liye yeh bhi kar lenge"

"This is soo good. Kia dala hai ismein?" Umeed couldn't help but wonder how good he had become in making tea, just the way she liked it. He was keeping up with his promise of 'saari zindagi chai bana ke pilaunga'

"Mera pyaar. Bohot saara"

"Expert hote jaa rahe hain aap. Itni achi chai roz bana ke pilaenge na, tou aadat ho jaegi mujhe. Aap se dur jana mushkil ho jaega"

"Tou kon kambakht chahta hai ke aap humse dur jaein? In fact, mein issi liye iss mein expert hone ki koshish kar raha hun taake tum kabhi mujhse dur na jao"

His voice toned down and turned into a whisper by the end, expressing his desire to always keep her close to him. Even the thought of her going away had him breathless with fear.

Umeed understood his fears very well. The ever so confident and suave Farjaad Khan Bahadur turned vulnerable only in front of her, for her.

"Chai pila ke mujhe apne paas rakhna chaahte hain"

Umeed narrowed her eyes, trying to lighten up his mood which made him smile as he threw an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close.

"Mere liye nahi tou chai ke liye tou ruk hi jaogi" he winked at her, making her insides melt.

"Phir bhi chali gayi tou?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Mein wapas le aunga. Mujhe pata hai tum chai ke baghair nahi reh sakti"

"Mein aapke baghair bhi nahi reh sakti"

She said, intertwining his fingers with hers as he kept looking at her with eyes filled with love and warmth.

But she lived. With out both of them. For 2 years.

Farjaad kept looking at her with an unreadable expression but Umeed understood what he was feeling. There was no smile ot even a hint of it, only different emotions reflecting in his eyes. Unable to hold his gaze anymore, she clutched the strip of her bag, turned around and rushed upstairs, feeling his eyes on her until she was out of his sight.

***

"Umeed? Beta can I talk to you for a second?"

Aziz Uncle had knocked on her half open door and slid his head inside. Umeed, who was busy with her laptop, heard him and immediately pulled out her headset.

"Uncle, aap! Ofcourse, you can. You should've called me" she stood up as he smiled and entered her room.

"Oho its nothing. Just relax! Kaam chal raha hai?" He looked at her laptop and then her.

"Han I was just going through some music samples and designs that needed changes" Umeed explained, settling on the bed, infront of him as he took the chair.

"You're working really hard bachay" he commented, looking at her.

"Isn't that how its supposed to be?" Umeed questioned with a smile.

"Not when it starts worrying those close to you"

"Uncle you don't need to worry, event will be a success In Sha Allah"

"Beta I'm not worried about how the event will go. I'm worried about you" Aziz answered.

Umeed's smile faltered at his words. He was worried for her. Seeing someone worry solely for her, care for her without any conditions seemed alien to her. Aziz Uncle and Salma Aunty had always treated her like a daughter but she had always believed it was temporary and never allowed herself to get attached too much.