Chapter 2

Marinette's POV

I really wished I didn't agree with Alya that I would tell Adrien my feelings today. I mean what if he says no then feels bad it's his birthday he's supposed to be happy not sad.

I was also really nervous I didn't want to be rejected. Adrien and I have gotten to the point to where we are actually able to have a decent conversation without me stuttering so much. We've gotten closer and Alya and Nino are convinced that we are "into each other" but apparently we're too blind to even see it.

I highly doubt Adrien has feelings for me but if he does then maybe one day there can be an us. For now though I really happy with the close friendship we have now and maybe with time he'll finally see me as something more than 'just a friend'. Frankly I'm so tired of hearing that phrase it doesn't even mean anything to me anymore.

After Adrien turned down Kagami she slowly started to distance herself from him and he was so confused as to why she would do something like that. I guess it isn't entirely his fault he's been so sheltered his whole life that he probably doesn't realize that what he did really hurt Kagami.

Though I was a bit upset with her about the whole Adrien situation it didn't stop me from being her friend and her shoulder to cry on. I knew how she felt and I let her stay over and hang out with me and Alya a lot as well as the rest of the girls. Kagami started hanging out with Luka way more and it seemed like they were getting along way more than I initially thought they would.

Around 2 months ago I even heard Luka asked Kagami out on a date. to say I was surprised was an understatement but I'm glad they make each other happy considering Adrien and I couldn't do that for them.

Lunch soon came and Alya barley informed me that she and Nino had a little date planned for today since they would be mainly focused on Adrien tonight at the party. So now here I am all alone and it seemed to be cloudy. I really hope it isn't raining tonight at the party. Mr. Agreste said we would be having the party outside in the backyard hopefully we'll still be able to do that.

"Penny for your thoughts" I gasped and turned around and saw Adrien next me with an umbrella. "You gotta start watching the weather or maybe just start bringing an umbrella everyday" he said with a small chuckle towards the end.

"I guess you're right honestly we gotta stop meeting like this. If I remember correctly this is how our second conversation went as well right?" I said teasing him a bit which seemed to make him laugh

"Yeah I guess you're right. I remember thinking this cute and funny girl hates me and I want to make it right" he said with a far away look on his face. He turned to look me and I smile as his electric green met my deep blue eyes.

"You thought I was cute and funny?" I asked

"Of course you stood up to Chole and I noticed that almost everyone was too scared to do that but not you." He said and I could feel myself start too blush.

"So I'm guessing you were ditched by Nino and Alya as well?" I asked him already knowing the answer since he's standing here with me.

"Actually I'm the one that told them to go on their own little date...if I'm being honest I just wanted to spend some time alone with you since it's so rare we actually get to hang out without Nino and Alya with us. I thought this way we won't be third wheels."

Hearing Adrien say that he wanted to spend time alone with me made my heart start to beat faster and I started to smile nodding my head yes as he opened his umbrella and took my hand.

We walked to his car and told his body guard we were going to my house for lunch and that he didn't need to drive us since it's across the street from the school. As we walked to my bakery hand in hand we started talking about random things.

I told Adrien about how I wanted to make a Ladybug and Chat Noir clothing line for my blog and he seemed really excited and I told him that what I was wearing today was a prototype of an outfit I was working on.

Adrien told me about how modeling was starting to get a bit more fun than it usually was and how he kept making jokes with his photographer so he could get a real smile on camera as oppose to his fake one that he always give for magazines and stuff.

Before we knew it we were at the front door of the bakery and I opened the door as Adrien closed his umbrella and shook off the small bits on water that were on it. We walked up to my parents and they both noticed us as we said hi to them.

"Adrien sweetheart happy birthday we really wish we could come to your party tonight but we sadly have to work as we have a huge order of cakes and stuff due in 2 days and we need to get everything ready to bake" Mama said look down sadly but quickly was replaced with a smile as Papa came in with 2 gifts wrapped nicely in black paper with stripes.

"Although we did in fact get you a present and we hope you like it we had a bit of help from Marinette" Papa said as he handed one of the gifts to Adrien.

"Oh Mr. Dupain Mrs. Dupain-Cheng you really didn't have I am very grateful for being able to hang out with someone as amazing as your family" Adrien said blushing slightly

Mama went around the counter to hug Adrien and at first he was shocked but slowly started hugging her back and I swear I saw tears in his eyes. I guess it's been a while since he's had a motherly hug.

"Ok ok I really want you to opened your gifts come on Adrien" Papa said eagerly which made everyone laugh.

Adrien opened the first gift and his eyes suddenly lit up with excitement. "Are these Ladybug and Chat Noir theme controllers?!" he said with a huge smile on his face

"Yeah Marinette said you were a huge Ladybug and Chat fan so we thought it was appropriate to give you something useful and plus when you hang out with Marinette you can have more than one person playing at a time" Mama told him with a slightly chuckle as he jumped up and down

"Ok open the next one I had given some input on this one for sure." I said with slight excitement in my voice. I really hoped he liked this one considering what I knew about it I really was excited about his reaction.

Adrien opened the other gift slowly which was annoying me slightly but he seemed nervous so I didn't push him. When he open he saw a game called Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris. I saw a bit of the anime with Adrien when he was hanging out here during lunch and he was really excited and wouldn't shut up about how Kirito ,the main character, was such a lady's man.

He looked like a little kid in a candy store and it was so cute I couldn't contain my laughter. Adrien's face when he saw what the game was, was honestly priceless he was so shocked and surprised that next thing we knew he threw himself to hug my parents and we all laughed at his adorable reaction to a simple game.

"Ok Adrien please release my parents or we aren't going to play the game" I told him still laughing as he quickly leg go of my parents and grabbed my hands to run upstairs to the living room while Adrien was yelling thank you the whole way up.

" I can't believe your parents got me all this I'm really excited about your gift now considering you said it was something irreplaceable" he said while getting the game ready for him to play while I went to the fridge and started getting food for us to eat I also set an alarm for 10 minutes before lunch ends so we could leave and make it to class on time.

I grabbed some snacks and set my purse to the side and gave Tikki 2 cookies for her to eat I set the plate of snacks on the table as Adrien got started on his game with his Chat Noir controller. I started eating a small sandwich and sketching a couple ideas for designs I wanted to do for my Ladybug and Chat Noir clothing line and started to stare at Adrien realizing that we seem a real couple right now.

I started to smile and started to sketch Adrien and his cute focused face with his tongue sticking out and his nose scrunched up a bit as he stared intently at the screen soon my alarm went off indicating that it was to head to school, but as I took one look outside I doubted we were going back to school let alone having a party later.