Ep 2 - Run Boy Run

Comincia dall'inizio

"Nice meeting you Jackie,"

"Uh, Miss. Patch? I just wanted to let you know that I already told the other detective everything," the waitress said, walking up to us.

I lowered my head and pulled my hair in front of my face. I could feel someone watching me, but I didn't dare to look up, knowing the risk of Agnes seeing me and recognizing me.

"Ugh. Well, I have to go, everything alright?" Detective Patch asked, looking at me.

"This guy looks like he was choked but no sign of a choking weapon," I said, angry at myself.

"Your right,"

She began looking around the area, looking for the tie that I had grabbed off for Five, when a man walked in.

"Hey! Patch, you know who is here. Out back," he stated, walking towards us. "Who's this?"

Patch turned around and walked out of Griddy's. The man was still standing next to me, so I couldn't grab my necklace without drawing attention. He finally walked away, and I relaxed. I grabbed my necklace and headed out. I passed the sewer drain, and stepped on the trackers, so that nobody would visit Griddy's looking for us.

I walked out of Griddy's and saw Detective Eudora Patch leading Diego to a police car.

"Hey Diego!" a policeman shouted.

"Hey, Mastings, can you take him back to the station?" Patch asked as I tried to walk away.

I turned on my heels and looked at them. Diego had his hands behind his back, and he had a slight limp.

"Yeah, I can," I said, grabbing onto Diego's beefy arm.

"Aren't you a little young to be a police officer?" Diego questioned, with a smile.

"No. I worked my way up, fairly," I lied, squeezing his arm tightly, making him flinch.

They both believed the lie, which made my work easier. Diego tried jerking away, but I held a tight grip on his arm.

"Well, D, enjoy the ride," Eudora called out, as I led Diego to the car Five and I took.

"If you worked your way by stealing, you did an excellent job," Diego commented.

I looked at him confused, and he knew what I was about to ask. The coat.

"That's Eudora's coat,"

I opened the back and put him in the back. I looked back to see if Eudora was watching, and I ran to her car and returned the badge and jacket. I went back to the car and got inside.

"So, new kid, what are you doing here?"

"Uh, nothing. Shut up," I said, driving the car out of the parking lot.

Diego was silent until I took a wrong turn.

"You don't know your way to the station, do you?" he asked.

I sighed.

I slammed on the brakes and turned back to him. That's when I realized he had a large scar going down from his ear to his eyebrow. I gave him a death glare, and he returned it back to me.

"You took a wrong turn. You took a left when it was supposed to be a right," he said, giving me the instructions.

"Listen. I haven't been in town for a while. A long while. And how many times have you been arrested?"

"Many times, but I can tell you everything if you let me go,"

"Let you go?"

"I mean, after you tell me about yourself. And don't leave anything out!"