39. Don't Show Me Your Face!

Beginne am Anfang

"It must have been under desperate circumstances for you to resort to that, I can understand that much... but it seems like Ara... I had known this seven years ago." Ara said and my eyes widened.

She what? She knew? Then why didn't she tell me about it?

Ara looked at me, "It seems like you didn't know about it so, I'm assuming she had taken the decision on her own."

"What decision?" I asked.

"Your curse," Ara turned back to Dad.

"She made the deal with the demon who was guarding your curse and took the curse upon herself." Ara answered making my and Dad's eyes go wide.

She, what?!

"What?! Ara, you..."

"You made a deal with the demon?" Dad asked as he reached out and grabbed Ara's hands.

"I don't think me of that time had any other choice." She said calmly as she stared back at Dad while I was suddenly feeling as though Ara was a stranger to me now.

"At that time, there might have been a very solid reason for me to take that step because the curse has some strange effects when met with the freak accidents like I and Athanasia met with." She said with such calm manner that angered me.

"The demon had come last night to take my soul." Dad and I gasped as we heard that.

"I beat him and sent him back to his shithole." She said as she cracked her neck as if that was something as normal as saying she swatted a mosquito.

"So, last night...?"

"That demon was there, if I hadn't thrown you out it would've gone back to your body and it would have been impossible to remove it then." She said looking at Dad making him stare at her.

"So, you were in that state last night...?"

"Yeah, I was busy fighting with that bastard." She said and released a sigh.

"Ah, I managed to kick him back but the curse is still here." She said as she placed her hand on her chest.

Then chuckled, "Athernitas... you shitty bastard. I wish your demon torments you too."

"Ara... How could you do this?" I spoke and she looked at me.

She had been suffering from the Black Magic and this curse since seven years and she never even told me once about this, how could she?

"I understand, you must be really upset that you had no idea about this but..."

"No, you don't!" I shouted. How could she say she could understand?

Did she really think she could hide everything from me and take on every danger on her own and suffer to death with that smile on her face?

"What were you thinking? In all these seven years... not even once you thought you could tell me about something as big as this?" I could feel the tears of rage flow down my eyes.

"Did you really think that not telling me and suffering on your own would make me happy?" I shouted at her as I stood up.

"Did you really think that while you suffering like this would make me feel safer?"

I wanted to hit her, one smack and she might just also recall her memories.

"Y-You... how could you?! I hate you, Ara!" I shouted and saw her eyes slowly widen.

"I hate you, for not telling me and hiding things from me and I hate you for being like this! I hate you!"

"Atha-"