zero

please excuse any mistakes ❤️‍🩹

PROLOGUE

The heavy bass of the trap music, along with the thick smoke that was floating throughout the club put 24 year old Raven in a haze as she walked down the hall towards to the bathroom. Her short acrylic nails scratched the paint gently and she lowly hummed the lyrics to 'I'm Goin' Down'. It's been stuck in her head for days now and she found herself singing it constantly.

"Time on my hands... since you been away boy!" She sang badly, bumping into a short hispanic girl—her inebriated state causing her to miss her presence completely. "Oh sorry!" She apologized.

"Girl it's fine. I love your outfit!" The young lady complimented causing a bright smile to cover Rae's face.

"Thank you!"

Raven happily skipped into the restroom, going in the first stall she saw and immediately locking herself inside. Hooking her thumbs into the sides of her mini skirt and lace panties, she pushed them down before squatting over the toilet.

"I'm goin dowwwwnnn, I'm going downnnnn!!" She sang aloud, shaking her head along on the music that played in her head.

As Raven continued to sing the lyrics to the Mary J Blige song, she quickly relieved her bladder and wiped before pulling her clothes back up, flushing, and leaving the stall. Standing in front of the sink, she pumped soap into her hands and washed them while observing her appearance in the mirror.

Her makeup was still applied perfectly and hadn't moved and her hair was still slicked neatly in its bun.

"Still cute. Love that for me." She muttered, checking to see if there was anything on her pearly white, straight teeth before drying her hands off and stepping back from the sink.

Rae turned to the side to check her outfit which consisted of a lace corset top and a mini skirt before taking her exit and leaving the restroom, not forgetting to throw away her paper towel.

The loud bass of the music shook her entire body once again and she forced her way through the crowd to go back upstairs to the section that held her sister and boyfriend as well as other people they had invited.

On her way, she was almost toppled over by a tall brown skin man with grills that shined with every movement he made and locs covering half his face.

"Damn!" She cursed, grabbing onto the man's arm to steady herself.

"Shit, my fault. I ain mean to almost knock you over like that." He apologized, gripping her arm as well.

"It's okay, I shoulda been watching where I was going." She waved him off, looking down to check and see if her top had slipped down to expose everything underneath.

"You sure, beautiful?"

At the compliment, Raven looked up to meet his eyes and subtly nodded, stuck on how good he looked. Her honey brown eyes took in every feature of his face and she was embarrassed to admit that she was mesmerized.

"Yes, I'm okay." Her voice softened unintentionally, and she tucked her lips inside her mouth to keep from saying anything embarrassing.