Choices of Love

Comincia dall'inizio

Rain nods, he looks at Phayu shyly.

Phayu finds himself intrigued by Rain's courage and innocence. Maybe this would be the most eloquent solution. The public announcement had only been that Prince Phayu Sermsongwittaya and the son of the Tangwai family would be married. Phayu looks back to his parents who only nod, they are giving him complete control over this situation. It's up for him to decide.

"I will marry the boy then," Phayu says. He leans in and whispers to Rain, "I hope you know what you are getting into, little one."

Rain and his parents return with the royal family to the palace for the wedding. Luckily Rain and Noeul are almost twins in size and looks so the ceremonial apparel tailored to Noeul fits Rain perfectly.

The wedding proceeds as planned. Rain isn't sure what to expect on his wedding night, his parents just tell him to be obedient and do everything that Prince Phayu tells him to. However the prince only gives him a single kiss on the forehead and tells him to go to sleep, he's had a long day.

The next day Rain is introduced to his "staff" as Prince Phayu deems them. There are his two manservants. Sig, who helps him with picking out his clothes for events and daily wear. Por who helps him dress and does his hair. Then there is his assistant Ple who will schedule his appointments and visits. Lastly there is Sky who will be his tutor in everything to do with the kingdom and royal affairs. Noeul had been raised to be the Prince Consort from a young age. Rain would have to learn everything in just a few months. It all seems a little much to Rain but he quickly becomes friends with all four and especially close to Sky.

After their wedding, Rain doesn't see Prince Phayu at all unless they have to be together for a public event. It seems that Prince Phayu has decided that their marriage will be one in name only. At first Rain was relieved with this situation but as time passes by he craves more and more of Phayu's attention. At public events they pretend to be a close and loving couple but Rain decides that he doesn't want it to be pretend any more. He does the only thing he can think of, he goes to Sky for advice. Sky tells him to start small, give Prince Phayu little touches and smiles during their public appearance. Maybe Rain can make Phayu a gift as well and/or bring him snacks when Phayu has to work for long periods of time.

"Yu, why are you here again when you have such a cutie waiting for you at the palace?" Phayu looks fiercely at his friend. He has known Pai since they were both babies, which is the only reason the man can get away with saying things like that to the prince.

Phayu sighs, "It wasn't Rain's choice to marry me, he did it to protect his family."

"It wasn't Noeul's or yours either. It was always an arranged marriage." Pai reminds him.

It's true but for some reason it feels different with Rain. The way the cute boy had stood in front of Phayu begging to let him take his brother's place. It had gone straight to Phayu's heart. There was also the fact that Phayu <i>wanted</i> Rain more than he had ever wanted anyone in his life. It scares him though, Noeul running away had shaken his confidence, even if he had no feelings for Noeul at all. If he pushes Rain, who he does care about, too hard will he desert him as well. In the end Phayu is honestly just scared, scared of losing Rain and scared of being hurt.

"Are you here to lecture me about my marriage or share a drink?" Phayu asks irritably.

"Can't I do both?" Pai asks him.

"You are lucky I like you. What about your own cutie, are you making any progress winning over your boy? I had him assigned as Rain's tutor <i>because</i> I'm your friend." Phayu says, knowing that thinking of his own relationship issues will shut Pai up for a while.