Chapter 156 - 160

Start bij het begin

"Boss should be fine." Stone said this but even he didn't believe his own words.

Chu Jia looked around and saw the worry and confusion on everyone's faces. She took a deep breath and said, "Boss should be fine. When has the boss not overcome danger all these years? Besides, you guys know what the boss is capable of. Why are you afraid?"

At times like this, everyone could be confused, but not Chu Jia.

There was once when their boss was seriously injured. Everyone thought that Qiao Yue would not make it, including Chu Jia.

At that time, Qiao Yue had entrusted all her men to Chu Jia before she fell unconscious. Although Qiao Yue had planned to leave the organization to set up her own shop, it was far from where they were now. Hence, she told Chu Jia to stay calm and take things one at a time.

When Qiao Yue was injured then, Zhou Lan, Lu Ying and the senior Dr. Lu treated her non-stop for two whole days before they pulled her back from hell. Chu Jia remembered everything that Qiao Yue told her before she fell unconscious back then.

Stone looked at Chu Jia and then at the people around them. He understood what Chu Jia meant and supplemented, "That's right, why is everyone so dejected? Let's hurry back. Maybe the boss is already waiting for us there."

With that, Stone took the lead and walked back to the car. Chu Jia also herded everyone back to the car.

_____________

Chapter 157: Secret Uncovered

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

On the top floor of Jingsheng Hotel next to the Qiao Corporation in A-City, Qiao Jing looked at the pale-faced person in bed with a troubled expression.

Whether it was from past conversations with Qiao Yue or Qiao Yue's unusual behavior, Qiao Jing was sure that Qiao Yue was no ordinary person. But he did not expect Qiao Yue to be involved with drug dealers wanted by the police. The only saving grace was that based on Qiao Yue's behavior, she wasn't on the same side as drug dealers.

Qiao Jing sighed as he sat by Qiao Yue's bed. With heartache in his eyes, Qiao Jiang moved his hand from Qiao Yue's forehead to her pale lips.

Qiao Yue was out of the woods now, and Qiao Jing had learned from the doctor that his fifth brother was actually his fifth sister.

He didn't think much about it when he took Qiao Yue to the hotel to get a private doctor to treat her. It was just that Qiao Yue had bullet wounds on her and it would be hard to explain if he brought her to a hospital. He didn't expect to uncover such a secret.

Qiao Yue was seriously injured this time. Her ribs hadn't fully recovered, and she had been electrocuted.

But Qiao Yue's injuries weren't limited to these. There was also an eight or nine-centimeter wound on her arm. After the doctor's examination, the cut seemed to have originated from under her skin.

Qiao Jing couldn't imagine what could have caused Qiao Yue such serious injuries. But when he saw Qiao Yue covered in blood, he couldn't breathe.

Qiao Jing studied Qiao Yue for a moment before he took out his phone and dialed a number. "Have you found out anything about Qiao Yue?"

"I'm sorry, Brother Jing. I haven't found any information on Master Yue."

Qiao Jing couldn't help but frown when he heard this over the phone. Not only hadn't they found more information on Qiao Yue, they still thought that Qiao Yue was a boy.

Even so, Qiao Jing did not stop the person and said, "Continue with the investigation. Focus on KA."

"Yes, Brother Jing."