How they die

Yeah, I wanted to do this part today because according to the movie our beloved Johnnycake and Dally died 57 years ago. The date written in the newspaper Steve brought to the Curtis house was May 10th, 1966. I try not to think they're dead, but let's assume it: they are. However, they'll always be alive for me and have a place in my heart. RIP Dallas and Johnny, wherever you are. (Sorry this sounded so damn cheesy)

 (Sorry this sounded so damn cheesy)

Ponyboy He died of lung cancer in a hospital after many months of treatments because he couldn't stop smoking.

Johnny In the hospital due to heavy burns after the fire in the church (We already know how it is and still wonder why things had to be that way. Stay gold, Johnnycake)

Dallas Suicide after Johnny's death, because robbed the store to make the police come and shoot him (like we all somehow knew Dally wasn't gonna end alive seeing his personality, but it still feels kinda weird he wasn't gonna be there anymore and of course sad when he dies)

Sodapop Shot during Vietnam war (this is what S. E. Hinton told Rob Lowe during the filming but she later confirmed it was a lie)

Two-Bit He got hit by a car while he was walking drunk down the street one wild night.

Steve Car crash. He didn't expect the other car not to stop when the traffic lights turned red.

Darry He died happy after a whole life of effort and success. He reached a very high age and nature decided it was the time to let him go.