Chapter 1: Two Old Friends Meet Again

Third Person's POV

The Starks lined up as they are about to greet the man himself.

Ulfric Kenmar.

He's now 45 years old and is still in good health. Riding in the courtyard of Winterfell is not a horse, but his Sabertooth Tiger, Blood-Fang.

This beast is still formidable. His scars shows that he's a hardened survivor of many battles. A beast that is known for his tusk drenched in the blood of his enemies.

Arya, Bran and Rickon were greatly amazed to see such a powerful beast in front of them. They've heard tales about Sabertooth Tigers. One of the most deadliest beast in The Northern Dales.

Robb, Jon and Theon were amazed and slightly afraid, as they too heard of the big cats of The House that breeds them for combat and for travels.

Ned had always respected and admired House Kenmar. He can always count on their loyalty, and their soldiers just like many of his predecessor's before him.

Ulfric dismounts and meets the brother of Brandon Stark. "Ned, it's good to see you again." He hugs The Quite Wolf.

"Ulfric. It's been awhile, old friend." Ned said.

"Aye, it has been. Last time I was here was... was when Brandon was still alive." After saying that, Lady Catelyn Stark sighs heavily, remembering that she was betrothed to that Stark brother.

Brandon and Ulfric were great friends. He'll never find another man like him.

"You were a good friend to him."

"I know, Ned. At least he's been avenged. I won't trouble you for long, may you and I speak alone in the godswood?" Ulfric asked.

"Of course. But do you think it's wise to leave Blood-Fang unattended?" Ned asked, knowing just how dangerous these felines can be if left unchecked.

"Don't worry, he'll follow us." As they make their way in the godswood, they talk. "The godswood. Sometimes I will come right up to one of those trees and pray, hoping I'm right, and sometimes, hoping I'm wrong." He turns to Ned with a grim look on his face. A look Ned knows all too well. "I won't lie to you, Ned. You know about... the things I've seen. The signs are there. I can feel it in my bones. There's another war coming."

Ned looked at him with concerns. "Who will we be fighting?"

Ulfric merely shook his head. He's but one of few to be a Greenseer. "I'm not entirely sure. I'm not even sure if we'll survive it or be alive long enough to see it start. But it's coming. And we need to prepare. That and I've come with a proposal."

"A proposal? A son?" Ned asked, figuring Ulfric was referring to Sansa.

"No. My daughter, Hariasa. I know she's been sending letters to your son and heir. Robb Stark was it?" He asked.

"Well, that would explained the letters he gets once every month." Ned chuckled.

He remembered Robb would read them, not out loud and Arya and Theon would tease him about it. It was pretty clear those two have fallen for one another. The same is said for Hariasa. Her brother would tease her to no end. It's a miracle that she hasn't lost her mind yet.

"I also understand that there are many noblemen sending letters to you about betrothing their daughters to your son. Chief among them are from House Frey." Ned nodded. "Hope you haven't accepted any of Lord Walder's proposals."

"Gods, no." Ned distrusts Lord Frey, viewing him as nothing more then an honorless leech.

"Good. I sure as any hell wouldn't want to taint my bloodline with his. And you can tell Robb he doesn't need to worry about marrying into that family... because he's marrying my daughter." Ned looked at him wide eyed. No Stark has married within that family before. Not that they were against the idea. As the people in The Northern Dales were as proud and hardy as the next northerner. "Judging from the letters my daughter has been getting, it's seems the two are really close."

"I won't deny that." Ned replied. "It's an honorable proposal, Ulfric. When shall the wedding take place?"

"About a month. My wife will talk to her. Fear not. Talk about it with your son." Ulfric walks with Ned out of the godswood.

"And I'll speak to mine and my son."

Ned figured the daughter of Ulfric is just as stubborn and battle hardened. He heard many things about Hariasa Kenmar. Fearless and deadly in combat just like her father. A Sabertooth Tiger rider like many of her family before her. Wielder of Frostbane. A Valyrian Steel longsword past down to the best warriors of their house. Much like how Dawn is past down to a warrior of House Dayne. Or Darksister being past down to a warrior of House Targaryen and that sword has been lost for sometime.

Either way, Ned has no doubt his son would approve of this match.