Ch. 6 Whatcha Say

Start from the beginning

“Please?” I beg and she falters.

“Okay, but you will tell me everything tomorrow,” she tells me and I nod, even though I have no intention of doing so. No way am I going to tell her that her son is a cheating dirt bag.

I walk past her and practically run up the stairs to the room I am staying in. I don’t see any of the others thankfully and am able to make it to my room before collapsing into tears again. I don’t even change my clothes before crawling into my bed and burying my head in a pillow to muffle my sobs.

Some time after this I can hear muffled footsteps coming from outside my door. Whoever it is seems to be pacing back and forth. Finally they knock on my door lightly, as if they are afraid to wake me up. I don’t answer because there is only one person in the whole world I want to talk to and she has been dead for two years.

“Ivy, I know you’re awake.” It’s Wesley. Of course, it is. I want to scream or maybe cry some more. I definitely don’t want to talk to him, that’s for sure.

Wesley shuffles around outside my door for a little while longer and I continue to not answer. Finally I hear his departing footsteps and I let out a breath I didn’t even realize I had been holding.

Everything was so perfect before, I don’t know why he had to go and screw it all up. And with that lovely thought still echoing in my head, I cry myself to sleep.

* * *

I wake up with a start, wondering why my eyes feel so puffy and disgusting. It takes a moment before everything that happened the night before comes flooding back to me and that my major crying session was probably the reason for my eyes being puffy.

Wesley’s face when I walked in on him with that other girl flashes through my mind and I want to be sick. Instead of the sadness and disbelief from the night before, though, the only thing I feel is anger. I am about ready to march downstairs and demand what the hell he was thinking after slapping him a few times and calling him a bunch of names that probably won’t even be insulting! I’m really terrible at coming up with offensive names for people and often end up going with either dork face or if I’m really angry, ring ding. That’s about as bad as it gets from me. Although, in Wesley’s case I may be able to think of a few more creative ones, who knows?

As soon as I pull myself from my bed to go and find out, I realize that I can’t do it. There is no way I can go down there and actually look him in the face. The second I see him I will probably just burst into tears and all of my anger will just completely disappear until I turn into a blubbering mess. I’m not ready to talk to him or look at him or anything else, so I may have to lock myself in my room for the rest of the vacation. How fun!

I am in the process of doing just this when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. My heart clenches at the thought of Wesley on just the other side, but it turns out not to be him after all.

“Ivy, are you awake?” Mads voice calls.

“No!” I answer and I hear her sigh deeply before unlocking the door with her fingernails. She steps into the room and I glare at her. “You do know that is considered breaking and entering, right?”

“No, it isn’t,” she replies and I purse my lips.

“Well, it should be!” I huff.

“Okay, what is going on with you?” she asks, sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Nothing really. I just decided to become a recluse and spend the rest of my life in my room eating Cheetos. Although, I don’t have any Cheetos, so if you wouldn’t mind getting some that would be great,” I tell her and she rolls her eyes.