𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓!
( a house of the dragon fanfiction )
for best reading experience / font: baskerville
background: black

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓! ( a house of the dragon fanfiction )for best reading experience / font: baskerville background: black

when the kraken weds the dragon, brother,
let all the world beware.
Euron Greyjoy — ASOIAF

𝔰𝔶𝔫𝔬𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔰!

BORN IN 105 AC, DAELLA Targaryen came into the world at the height of the Targaryen dynasty. And with her birth came the start of the end. Her birth was a cruel one, touched by the Stranger almost thrice. First to go was gentle Queen Aemma, savagely ripped open to pull the suffocating children directly from her womb. Next the Stranger came for her brother Baelon. Forever marked as Heir for a Day.

Daella's life hung in the balance for the next half a year, the maesters all predicting the child would not live to see her first name day. And yet, she did. Daella lived and as she grew older she began to wonder if her father wished she had not. King Viserys could not look in her eyes ( the mismatched green and purple eyes of his mother ). Or gaze upon her face too long ( she had her mothers chin and accusing stare ).

She often thought that perhaps she was not a girl, but an amalgamation of ghosts. Of women long past who made up who she was; her namesake, her face, her spirit. It seemed no matter where she went, everyone would always see her as someone else. She could never be just Daella.

Daella would always be the sister of the One Day Prince. The Princess Who Should Not Have Been.
As the second daughter of the King who seemed he would rather have just the one, Daella strived for just one thing. To be her own person, to rid herself of the shackles of women long passed.

As the reign of King Viserys the Peaceful came to a close, and a dynastic dispute threatened the house of the dragon Daella was given the chance to be her own person; green or black, green or black? Only now she was not quite sure she wanted to choose ( spool of green, spool of black; dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread ). Brother against sister, mother against mother, sister against sister the sky would reign fire and blood and Daella Targaryen was but a wingless dragon.

𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔱!

' the wingless dragon '