𝟏𝟐.

"Guess what I have?" sang Jangmi's mother, rousing her daughter from slumber

"What?" Jangmi grumbled, sluggishly pushing a few strands of hair away from her face.

Her mother opened the door and entered. The first thing that caught Jangmi's tired eyes was a medium-sized yellow object, almost as bright as the sun. She wanted to shield her eyes and retreat under her blanket, but the realization of what her mother held hit her much quicker—Seojun's helmet.

Jangmi shot out of bed in shock, nearly slipping on the wooden floor. Never in her life would she have believed she'd be so thrilled over a helmet that wasn't hers. She covered her mouth with her hand as she approached her mother. "You got it!"

"I did!" her mother sang once more.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" the girl exclaimed, enveloping her mother in a tight hug. No more confrontations. No more mindless threats from Seojun. She could finally move on without the anxiety of what would happen next.

During the first half of the school day, Jangmi patiently awaited the opportunity to return the helmet. Initially, she intended to do so during one of their breaks, as Seojun typically left the classroom to join Kim Chorong and their friends. However, when the anticipated time arrived, he remained at his desk. With an impatient sigh, she left her seat and walked over to Suho to pass the time and ease her nerves. It had been a while since they last spoke, and something related to Jugyeong had piqued her curiosity.

"Hey," Jangmi said, settling on the desk next to Suho's, leaning in to whisper. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Suho responded with his usual impassive expression.

"Jugyeong has been running around and fetching things for you. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay."

"It's nothing to worry about."

The girl narrowed her eyes. Why did she assume he'd ever openly express his feelings about someone to her? Nevertheless, her expression softened. "Alright," she nodded. "I'm glad you guys are friends, though. She's nice."

"Yeah." He glanced down at his fingers.

As the two shifted away from the topic of Jugyeong and caught up on each other's lives, Seojun shot a glare at the pair, grappling with the perplexing and infuriating situation. All he knew was that it stirred an unfathomable anger within him—a kind that almost caught him off guard, awakening feelings he had pushed aside for months. It seemed that the guy who had caused the demise of his friend was now taking away the girl he had once loved.

The lunch bell chimed, signaling the break, yet Jangmi lingered in her seat, feigning engagement with her notebook as her classmates exited the room. Once the coast was clear, she moved discreetly to one of the cabinets at the back, retrieving Seojun's helmet that she had stowed there earlier in the morning. Placing it on his desk, she accompanied it with a chocolate bar and a note that stated: