The dinner (Chapter two)

After my mother had left, Selthia came in and laid a dress on my bed. "Your mother wants you to wear this." "Thank you Selthia, i will." I tried to sound somewhat enthusiastic about this dinner but ohnestly I wasn't at all.

The dress did look beautiful though. It was a long light blue dress with a slit in it where my leg was. It also had gloves i could wear. As Selthia left, i immediently went to the bathroom and put on the dress and gloves. I do have to admit, i looked great in it.

I decided to put my hair in a bun, and i tied it with a ribbon that matched the colour of the dress.
At last, i was ready. I went down to the dining room but before I went in i eavesdropped a little bit. "What if she never likes me?" That was the prince. "Nonsense! She'll warm up to you soon enough." My mother replied. Of course she would say that, to her i was nothing but a 'prop'. Just her little plaything. I exsisted only to create an heir to my throne.

I walked in and all eyes turned towards me. The prince blushed a bit but i didn't care. I realized the only space left was next to the prince, so i sat down there.

After a while of the dinner, the prince put his hand on my thigh. I swiftly flicked his hand away and got back to eating. It was bad enough that he got to choose me but i didn't have a say in this.

After i had finished, that's when everyone started talking. "So, when are you going to announce it to the public?" "Hmm, maybe tomorrow." "Ooh alright, and what dress is she gonna wear??" The queen from the other kingdom asked. "She could wear your dress Alicia." My father replied. "Heavens no! She will have something made just for her." I stood up. "Alright, i think that was enough dinner for me."

I walked out before anyone could say anything. The prince followed me. I went straight to my room and set my tiara down on the vanity. "What's wrong my dear?" He asked, i was startled since I didn't know he followed me. "First of all, don't call me 'dear'. Second of all, maybe I'm mad because i never had a say in this relationship whatsoever?"
I stared at him with an annoyed look on my face.

"Playing hard-to-get? Too bad, i like girls that do that." He walked over to me and put his arm around my waist. I grabbed it and sank my nails into his skin, not enough to hurt him but enough to give him a warning.

"I'll say it in different words so maybe your puny eel-brain can understand it. I don't love you. This marriage is just to create an heir, nothing more nothing less." There was sternness in my British accent. (I like to imagine that Kira has the THICKEST British accent)

I pulled away his arm and then pushed him out of my room before closing the door. He opened it again and walked in. "No, i chose to marry you since i want you darling." I stared back at him and bit my lip before talking. "Again, don't call me petnames. You can either call me by my real name or not talk to me." "Ugh, fine. What is your real name then?" "Ha! You chose to marry me, but you don't even know my name? That's pathetic!" I howled with laughter. "What is your name." He stared at me. His stare peirced through my soul.

"Kira!" I said between laughs. Eventually, my laughing died down. "Thank you, Kira." He kissed my forehead and walked out. "Ew!" I spat as he closed the door.

I went to my bathroom and changed into my nightgown. It was light blue with darker stars embroidered all around it. I let my hair out of my bun and then leaved. I turned the lights off and then went to bed.

(Ok so uhm i know i said i was gonna write at home but i couldn't resist and i wrote the entirety of this still on the bus-- ok I'm gonna go now since my phone is literally on 5% -Sarah(author)