"Meaning?" He asks.

"Given that I am the best person you got in their version of fighting," I say, making him press his lips together. "Section off the army and take your time." I say, making myself smile. "I know I want to and it'd send a message to Lexa." I say, knowing I've got him now.

His smile widens as we continue walking. "I like the way you think, Hailey." He says as I grab my weapons. "Given that we're going to be taking our time, I want you at the back of the army, taking up the rear end because I don't know if I can trust you yet."

"You can." Bellamy butts in, making my eyes meet his. "I trust her with my life, so we can trust her on this." He says, his eyes glancing down to my lips before turning back to Pike. "Put her at the front."

Pike looks at him for a moment before nodding. "Welcome to the Revolution." He says and Bellamy smirks.

I try to match his, but all I manage for is a small smile that surely looks more like a grimace.

"There are 300 of them," Pike says as we exit. "So, roughly 30 a piece." He says with a small smile that makes my insides crawl. "Take your time and make sure it looks like a bloodbath." He nods, signalling us to split off.

I run around the grounders, purposefully stepping loud. I watch as their heads pop up, but I continue onward.

Indra is here. I turn to cut through the grounders, but am thrown to the ground with a grunt by one of them.

"Jusdreinheda." He smiles at me before leaning to get off of me, but I pull the masked grounder back.

"My people are here to kill yours." I say and his blackened eyes widen. "Play dead." I hiss to him, making him get out a dagger and slit his forearm. I watch as he smears the blood from his arm onto his neck. "Good, now help as many people as you can." I say before jumping up and running.

As I'm running, I slice a few of the grounders arms and mutter, "Play dead." I did it so many times, I lost count.

Finally I make it to the commanding tent. I know the other people in Pike's group have opted for knife fight or occasional gunfire, but it's sparse, like the grounders aren't fighting back.

I break through the tent and am faced with Indra and 10 other grounders.

"Ten of my people are here to kill all of you." I say and Indra smirks, as if to say, 'I can handle ten men.' I shake my head at her, knowing what she's saying. "They have guns and they want all of you dead, so please," I walk forward and say, "Play dead."

She takes a moment before nodding. I leave the tent as they do the same as the first grounder. I walk over to where Bellamy is and he's smiling.

Smiling.

"Hey Hails." He says, throwing his arm over my shoulder. "Did you get your thirty?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I got ninety." I say, making him smirk.

"That's my girl." He says as Pike comes back.

"Are we good." He asks, his eyes on mine.

"Got the commander and chief along with the whole left section." I say and he nods.

I glance back over the sea of grounders that are all supposedly dead on the ground, but I can spot roughly a hundred-ish grounders that aren't actually dead.

I press my lips together as we start walking back to camp.

"Why didn't you decapitate any of them?" Pike asks after a moment. I turn my narrowed eyes to meet his. "I heard stories of the first battle where you'd supposedly decapitated people."

I swallow before turning my gaze forward. "I prefer to fight in a calculated manner now." I lie. "Then, I was fueled with rage." I say, but the image of Elliot on the floor with a knife inches from his neck comes to mind. I was running to him and that's why I did those horrible things.

"It must've been fun, no?" He asks and I go to protest, but I can't.

It was fun and I did like it. Feeling the power in my sword as it sliced through their flesh will never compare.

"That's what I thought." Pike says as we enter the gates.

-------------

a/n

hmmm idk i could have written this better, but enjoy <3

love you and vote and comment !!!

abigail <3