Adam chuckled along. "Yeah."

"You should invite her tonight." Charlie mentioned, lying back in his seat. 

Adam looked down the row of people as their friends grew quieter, still rowdy, but less than before. He inhaled and rubbed his side. "Yeah. . . Yeah, I can see if she's free."

Charlie's eyes narrowed as he slyly smiled, having a feeling it was a fat lie. "I wonder if she's already going."

"What?" Julie looked over to him, unsure what he was even talking about now.

"Charlie," Connie warned him.

He shook his head. "No." He eyed her. "Hey Adam," He stood up and paced about the middle of the room as everyone's eyes locked on the two of them. 

"What's up?" His back was facing everyone as he grabbed his towel that fell. 

"Wanna tell everyone how long you've been going out with Y/N?"

The boy stopped dead in his tracks. Chest grew tight quickly as his fingers began to tremble and he shoved his hand into his pocket swiftly to hide it, head feeling heavy as the eyes fell upon him. Charlie's eyes like daggers to the back as he gulped, refusing to turn back and face them.

He was busted.

Julie's eyes widened as she fell into Dwayne's side, shocked at what Charlie spoke and Fulton looked around in displacement. "No." She whispered.

A small laugh came from the end of the room where Dean had hit his side, finding it rather funny that Charlie was blaming Adam for such a thing. "No fricken way, man." He began. "She's out of your league."

"Shut up, Portman." Adam rolled his eyes, knowing he wasn't that bad looking. "I didn't." He turned and faced everyone.

"That's the truth?" Charlie asked his best friend, who looked paler than a ghost as all eyes were glued to him.

Slowly Adam saw everyone's faced and found himself nodding. He didn't know what to do and lying in front of everyone blatantly made it all the more worst. Just outside the room in the hallway, speaking to several people, Charlie's girlfriend was waiting for him. 

He knew Charlie was on to him and it was the most awful feeling in the world. The longer he kept quiet the more he was flustered with questions by everyone and on the bench, Connie's eyes watered as she faced Adam. He could tell she knew by the way she was upset by it and he couldn't tell her how sorry he was about it. 

He rolled his shoulders and faced Charlie head on, knowing it was the only thing he could do, and the right thing at that. He was sure Charlie was gonna make the first move, and he was going to accept it for what he'd done.

"No." He muttered.

"What was that?" Charlie sarcastically spoke. "I didn't hear you."

Adam inhaled. "Yeah, it's true, alright." He looked at him. 

"Oh, just fricken great!" Charlie muttered. 

"Wait, wait, wait," Guy looked back and forth. "So, Y/N is cheating on Charlie with Adam?"

The captain of the team rolled his eyes and rubbed his face, pacing toward Adam. "Thanks for making it clear, Guy. . . What the hell, Adam?"

The boy bit his tongue and looked away. "It wasn't meant-"

Adam received a punch to the face by Charlie. 

Connie and Julie both gasping as they got to their feet in a hurry, both rushing by Charlie to get to Adam as he held his face. On the floor, he curled his knees before stretching and rolled around, his face throbbing.