Chapter Sixteen - A Part of Him

Bai Yi Dijun stared at Donghua Dijun sitting in front of him with a slight frown on his face.

"You want to marry our Xiao Jiu? I don't understand. How do you even know her?" Bai Yi asked skeptically. He had arrived back in the Fox Realm the night before and while he was having his breakfast, Xiao Jiu had entered the dining hall with a face full of smiles. He had looked suspiciously at her because he knew the different emotions in her face and what they usually meant. The way she was smiling, he knew she wanted something from him that she knew he would probably not agree to.  He wondered what new hairbrained scheme she had in mind now.

"Father, you're back! I miss you!" Xiao Bai quickly rushed to her father and hugged him from behind. "Where's mother? Is she still sleeping?" she asked while looking around. She wanted to talk to them together about her relationship with Donghua as her mother was the soft hearted one between the two and would probably help her.

"En. Why are you running around so early. Have you recuperated enough? You need to rest more. It's good for your cultivation." he said as he looked at his only child from head to foot. Although he knew that she was all right, he still could not help but worry when he heard from his steward that Xiao Jiu had fallen into a coma for at least 2 weeks after facing the Pareesi Dragons.

"I'm fine! My cultivation is almost back to normal."

"Is that true? How did you recover so fast?" He was surprised. He was informed that she had depleted her cultivation. She couldn't have regained it so fast.

"Umm, that's what I actually wanted to talk to you about." Xiao Bai now looked a little guiltily at him. Just as she was about to say something else, Donghua Dijun sauntered casually into the hall. Bai Yi was surprised at the casual and informal way he just entered their dining area but he quickly did the traditional greeting to welcome the appearance of the old God. He gestured for Dijun to sit and partake of the meal with him.

"I did not realize that Dijun is still in the Fox Realm. Is there something else that we need to worry about?" Bai Yi asked feeling a little anxious. Aside from some adverse events that may have happened or supposed to happen, there was no other reason why Dijun was still in the area especially since Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen were already back.

Donghua shook his head and glanced lightly at Xiao Bai who had a helpless look on her face.

"Father!"

"Father in law..."

They said at the same time. Bai Yi looked towards Xiao Jiu when she called him. It took him a few seconds to realize that Donghua Dijun had spoken at the same time and even longer to become aware of what Dijun had just called him. Thinking that he merely misheard, Bai Yi looked at Dijun with a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm here to ask for your blessings. I would like to marry Xiao Bai." For Donghua, there was no reason to prevaricate or start with small talk. Better to get to the point immediately.

Bai Yi was confused at first as to who Dijun was referring to. "Marry who? Who's Xiao Bai?"

"Bai Feng Jiu." Donghua clarified, his eyes now looking at Xiao Bai with infinite tenderness leaving no room to doubt as to who he was referring to.

"I don't understand. You want to marry Jiu'er? Our Jiu'er?" Did he just enter into a parallel universe?  No, even if he entered a parallet universe, such a thing as Donghua Dijun wanting to marry his daughter was impossible.   "Jiu'er?" Bai Yi turned his gaze towards his daughter looking for an explanation.  

"Who's getting married?" Xiao Bai's mother who just entered the dining hall heard the words of Bai Yi. She was also surprised to see Donghua Dijun, who had now stood up, in her home. Just as she was about to do the traditional greetings, Xiao Bai got out of her seat and fled to her side and started to pull on her sleeves.

Chance Encounters-An Eternal Love of Dreams Fan Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें