Calm

"Ah, my favorite Hufflepuff has returned." Sebastian called out, standing up to greet me. Poppy elbowed him in the side and glared. "Ouch, you are my favorite too Poppy, don't you worry." He smirks at her. It was quite shocking seeing Sebastian, he was taller and his hair a bit longer. He was sporting a bit of facial hair that outlined his new sharp jawline as well, he was quite dashing. But his voice was most jarring, it was deep, no longer high pitched and riddled with cracks.

I giggle at their play. It was refreshing seeing Sebastian with his charming smile again. Our last meeting was when me and Ominis had decided whether or not to report him to the ministry. I of course couldn't but Sebastian still didn't show his smile, it was a rough time.

 "Hello Ominis, Y/n!" Poppy greeted us happily. Poppy hadn't changed much since I had last seen her about a week ago, but she sure had changed since fifth year. Her chest and body filled out, giving her a curvy silhouette. She grew her hair out, it was now down her collar bone, and she had bangs shadowing her eye brows. 

"Hello to you both." I smiled. 

"How does it feel to be back 'Hero of Hogwarts'?" Sebastian crossed his arms and leaned in towards me, awaiting my response.

I was hesitant to respond. I didn't think Sebastian would be the first to bring up my legacy as a hero. "Oh, It feels...um, something." I scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"Goodness Y/n, are you nervous! You defeated Ranrok, being back to school shouldn't scare you this much." Sebastian unsurprisingly didn't catch onto my feelings and began rambling about how impressive it was that I had defeated Ranrok. I guess it was good, get it out of the way, so throughout the year I wouldn't have to deal with it. I felt a build up of magic in my stomach with each mention of the goblin, my anxiety triggering a violent response within me. I held back though. I've been here for only twenty minutes, no need for an outburst yet. Ominis put a hand on my back, rubbing gently, a shiver ran down my spine. I wonder if he knew what I was feeling, he had always been good with interpreting how people felt. The build up in my core dissipated upon his touch. 

Ominis cut off Sebastian, tired of hearing him speak, "I think dinner is going to start soon, we should head in."

"Yes, I want to get a good spot to watch the sorting." Poppy added.

Sebastian looked offended at his friend for stopping him. Ominis shot him a stern look, and Sebastian blushed, once again crossing his arms, this time defensively. 

We headed into the great hall. I take a long look around, taking a moment to absorb everything. The ceiling was enchanted to appear like the night sky, floating candles populated the magical sky, looking like stars. Floating loosely above the head each house table were banners depicting the mascots corresponding to the house. A dark green tapestry with a large silver snake slithering upon it was above the Slytherin table. A royal blue banner with a large brown eagle with its wings spread, looking as if it was mid flight for Ravenclaw. A maroon red one with a golden lion on its hind legs, roaring, showing its dominance was above the Gryffindor table. And lastly, a sunflower yellow banner with a black badger for my own house, Hufflepuff.

The hall was bustling with students and staff. Headmaster Black stood behind the podium in the front of the room, he looked to be yelling at his house-elf Scrope. I was not looking forward to any meetings with headmaster Black, he was very rude. Seeing Scrope reminded me of the house-elf that took board in the room of requirement, I hadn't thought of him at all in my time away, I wonder how he was.

Poppy grabbed my arm and ushered me towards the Hufflepuff table, while Sebastian guided Ominis to the Slytherin table. I waved to the boys, but they were already caught up in the swell of people.