Chapter 7: A Surprise Capture At The Santalune City Gym

En başından başla

Once he was out of their sight, James whispered to Jessie, "Of course, nothing is gonna happen to him! He's basically our mascot! Right?"

"Right!" she concurred with a nod.

"Wobbuffet/Inkay! (Oh yeah!)" Wobbuffet and Inkay shouted at the same time.

Meanwhile, after Brock and Sanji had recovered from the kick and Poison Jab, respectively, the gang was on their way to the Gym.

"...So Alexa, not only did you travel with Ash through the Decolore Islands, but you also met all of his Pokemon, including Chuchu?" Serena inquired curiously.

Alexa hummed while replying, "Right. And I was the one who told Ash about Kalos."

"According to Professor Oak, this is one of four known regions I had not traveled to yet. So I had a one-in-four shot of finding you, Rena." Ash replied, clearly thankful that he found his old friend when he did. Serena gave him a warm smile.

"Better late than never. Plus, if THAT exists, it's better for me to be traveling so that they can't find me while I was stuck at home." she responded gratefully.

"Good point." Nami said as Chuchu rubbed her trainer's cheek affectionately. In response, she scratched under her chin, causing her to coo happily.

"So...as for the order for the first gym, Ash will go first so he can show us what to expect. Serena is next since she needs to gain strength. Then we go in crew order, that being Luffy next and me last." Zoro stated. Everyone nodded in agreement with the idea. Soon, they reached the Gym.

"Well, here we are! The Santalune City Gym!" Alexa exclaimed.

Ash and both Pikachus smiled determinedly as he muttered to himself, "Here we go. I have a bigger reason than ever to win here." Serena looked nervous, but she knew that he would help her every step of the way. Nami, Usopp, Eevee, and Sanji were curious about what kinds of Pokemon they would encounter here. Luffy and Zoro had determined looks on their faces.

Showtime. they thought. Brock was eager to see Ash in action again after a year away. And while Bonnie wanted to see some cute Pokemon, Clemont had been deep in his thoughts since this morning's revelation on Lusamine. However, just as they were about to go inside, Nami noticed gold sparkling in a nearby bush. She had berry signs in her eyes, and before anybody could ask what she was doing, she grabbed a spare Pokeball, enlarged it, and, without warning, threw it. It hit the unsuspecting target right in the gold spot. The Pokeball opened, and red energy got sucked inside. It then closed and landed near the bush.

The Pokeball shook once...

Twice...

Three times...

DING!

Nami had a huge smile on her face as she ran over and, while holding the clueless Psyduck in one arm, picked up the Pokeball.

She held it high in the air while shouting, "Yes! I caught some gold!"

"...Duck?" Psyduck asked as he tilted his head in confusion.

"Oooooooooo, nice eye." Ash and Brock complimented Nami, with both Pikachus nodding.

"Yep, that's Nami for ya." Sanji stated, clearly happy for her.

"True. And now Sanji is the only one who doesn't have a second team member." Luffy responded knowingly. Sanji groaned while Zoro laughed hysterically.

Bonnie voiced what everybody else was thinking, "So...who did you catch, Nami? Hopefully, something cute."

"Well, let's see. Come on out!" Nami called out as she threw the Pokeball forward. It opened, revealing an utterly dismayed Pokemon that was all too familiar to Ash, both Pikachus, Brock, Clemont, Bonnie, and Dedenne.