4

AU-  Sirens

Ranboo POV:

"I'm not swimming."

Ranboo was allergic to water, yet he was still going to the beach. All because his friend, Tommy, wanted him to.

"It'll be fine, you ender-prick. We'll get you a floatie." Tommy said. "It better be one of those flamingo ones," Ranboo said. "May I have a drink with that as well?"

Tommy stared at me, "I'll give you some wine," he said. 

"I'm underage and was joking. Also, don't stare." Tommy looked down apologetically.

We were on the way when Tommy met a few of his old friends. I think his name was TimeDeo. Tommy told me to wait at the beach for him.

I was sitting in the sand, dying of boredom. Maybe I could try a little dip in the sea, I thought.

I dipped my feet in the water. I slipped on a shell on the floor and my whole body fell in the sea.

I blacked out.

"Are you okay? Can you hear me? HELLO??? Am I being left on read irl?" A voice was asking me. I opened my eyes and saw a really small boy right in front of my face.  He looked concerned, his hair was flying everywhere. It was like he was underwater, but I didn't understand how.

"OH GOD, I'M IN THE SEA!" I realized. The boy was giggling, then I realized he had no problem breathing. Neither did I.

"It's okay," the boy said. "I'm Tubbo, what's your name?" 

"I'm... Ranboo. One second, how are we breathing?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm a siren and I gave you a little bit of magic," Tubbo said. I'm having a conversation with an absurdly short siren about magic, I thought. Cool, I guess.

"Right," Tubbo said. "Would you like to go back to the land?" 

"Um, yes but I was hoping you could come with me?" I asked. I was not going to risk drowning because of my water allergy. I thought if I swam too far from Tubbo, his magic would wear out.

"Yeah, that's fine!" Tubbo said. He grabbed my hand and swam to the surface. We broke the surface of the water and swam back to the beach. Tommy still wasn't back.

It struck me how fun swimming was when you didn't have to worry about burning.

I pulled out my phone and texted Tommy.

Ranboo: Hey Toms, are you still with Deo?

                                                                                         Tommy: Yeah, you good?

Ranboo: Yup, met someone at the beach.

                                                                                         Tommy: Cool, don't kill me when I get back

Ranboo: I will try my best not to.

                                                                                         Tommy: Wait what?

Ranboo: Have fun, bye!

"Who's Tommy?" Tubbo asked.

"Oh, he's a friend of mine," I explained. Tubbo nodded. "Where are we going?" He asked.

"Just to get a bit of coffee, and get to know each other," I said.

"Cool! What's coffee?"

"You... have a lot to learn," I said.

"You owe me a favor for saving YOUR LIFE!" Tubbo said.

He had a point.