𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

En başından başla

Glares cling to you, but you don't care. Dustin snickers under his breath and Eddie's lips twitch with stifled amusement as he watches your every move, words paused until you're done. You set the seat right next to Eddie, plopping down onto it with a forced and tight smile. 

Eddie leans closer to you, voice dropped low and pools of warm brown alight with humor at your antics. "You finished?"

"Mmhm." You raise your smile higher, though it still doesn't meet your eyes as you relax into the chair and cross one leg over the other, arms folding across your chest. He continues with what he had been saying, elaborating on the task at hand and how the clutch of heroes was to perform a dangerous heist. 

He describes them travelling to a nearby town and entering a tavern in hopes of gathering information on their target. The Sword of Reshgallah Eddie had called it. It was all so baffling to you but you work hard to keep up and follow the fantastical tale he sets up. He's theatrical as he does so, occasionally standing with a dramatic flair of his hands.

"What if we... Offer the barkeep money for any information?" Dustin ponders, rubbing a hand over his hairless chin. 

"Can't you just flirt it out of him?" You snort under your breath but all eyes are immediately on you at the suggestion. And not all of them good. "Sorry. Just.. Making a suggestion."

"Yeah well, non-players shouldn't be making suggestions." Nancy's brother rolls his eyes and you fix him with a look that makes him backtrack, though his apparent opinion doesn't change. "I just mean, well... You're not in Hellfire. You're not part of the campaign, so what's the point in 'making suggestions'?"

Ouch. So, what? You had to just sit here looking pretty like some decoration on Eddie's belt? Your jaw twitches as you grit your teeth, biting your tongue over the witty retort you'd had lined up. If you kept being cruel to them, you'd never settle into their little group. 

Did you even want that? They obviously didn't like you. As you scan around the room, the only faces regarding you with a shred of kindness and welcome were Dustin and Eddie's. And even then, you could see it lurking in both of their eyes that they didn't appreciate the interruption either. "You're right." You admit bitterly. "I'm not part of the campaign. I'm just..I'm gonna go."

"No--" Dustin shakes his head a little. "You don't have to go. Mike's just.. An asshole. Right, Mike?" He narrows his eyes at his friend and Eddie's hand settles over your wrist. The pity was unwelcome and seemed to only flare your bad mood further.

"Yeah, he is." You mumble beneath your breath, but the room was still. Quiet enough for him to hear it and frown across at you. You stand, feeling so incredibly stupid for even beginning to think this was a good idea. "It's fine. You guys have fun."

The walk to the exit felt eternal and the lack of protest wasn't lost on you. It wasn't even surprising since you already knew that they didn't want you there. It didn't help the sting of it being a reality get any better though. Skin prickles under their awkward stares, knowing they all felt relief at the idea of you not being there. A shitty feeling, honestly.

Even Eddie, as sweet as he was with just you alone, you knew he didn't want you there really. It was his thing with his friends and he must have felt like inviting you was the respectful thing to do. You wished he did it because he wanted to not because he felt like he should.

Your cheeks flare as you hurry your way down the hall, allowing the door to the room to close itself with a heavy slam. It wasn't intentional, yet still felt incredibly satisfying. 

The parking lot opens up behind the large doors of the school and it's not until you're out walking towards your car that Eddie finally comes after you. At this rate, you didn't even want him to. You were mad. "Hey, wait up! Come on, don't be like that, sweetheart." He coos playfully, fingertips wrapping around your bicep to stop you from moving any further. He seemed to be under the impression that he could joke and tease his way out of this, hands looping around your waist to pull you in for a flirtatious embrace that you want no part of.