Chapter 49: "This Prince only needs the Princess."

Начните с самого начала

What did Xiao Jin know?

As a man, how could she possibly understand a girl's thoughts?

Did Xiao Jin...deserve it?

At the thought of this, the inexplicable anger surged up in Shen Shuang heart. She turned her head and asked Xiao Jin, "Back then? Her Highness the Prince did so many despicable things, but did she never confess to the princess?"

"..."

Xiao Jin was now utterly confused.

Although she didn't know what the original owner had done, her head was already starting to hurt.

She pressed her fingers to her forehead and took a deep breath before calmly asking, "What shameful things did I do back then? Miss Shen, please tell me."

Xiao Jin didn't believe in the original owner's character, but rather in her reputation.

What could a straight woman do?

So before Shen Shuang could answer, Xiao Jin coldly continued, "In front of the princess, I hope Miss Shen can speak clearly and not confuse right and wrong, saying things that are not convincing to anyone."

Of course, the implication was to remind Shen Shuang to watch her words and not offend Chu Shao, this Buddha-like figure.

After all, spoken words are like spilled water and cannot be retrieved, and both of them would suffer if things went wrong.

Stirred up by Xiao Jin's words, Shen Shuang stamped her feet in anger and said, "Your Highness, do you even have to ask why?"

She didn't notice that the smile on Chu Shao's lips had become even more odd.

"Ever since I lost to you on the training ground all those years ago, whenever I wanted to spar with you, you would bring up that incident as an excuse and ridicule me, claiming that I was already your defeated subordinate and there was no need to fight anymore... for so many years, don't you feel shameless?"

"As a man, why resort to mocking a woman even when you win? What kind of principle is that?"

...

As a series of questions came down, Xiao Jin was left speechless.

Her heart was full of shock.

Is that all?

For such a small matter, Shen Shuang was able to make such a fuss... she thought the original owner had caused some earth-shattering trouble.

Turns out it was just kids fighting, not knowing any better, using sneak attacks.

That's it?

And they've been holding a grudge for so many years?

Chu Shao also seemed to be slightly stunned, and even a little regretful.

The solution she had thought up in her mind just now seemed to be unnecessary.

However, she still believed that Shen Shuang was troublesome and asked gently, "So, Miss Shen came to the Yan Mansion to compete with the Prince?"

"No," Shen Shuang shook her head.

Facing Chu Shao, her expression was slightly awkward, "This commoner was ordered by Princess Zhao Yang to teach the Prince swordsmanship and spear technique."

"Princess Zhao Yang said that the Prince is currently unable to walk with both legs, and she is slightly inferior in archery, spear technique, and swordsmanship. Recently, the capital has not been very peaceful, so she asked this commoner to teach him a thing or two."