He did remember. He remembered very clearly, now that the doctor had brought it up. 

"I'm not mad at you, Taiya." He assured him, "No one is going to be upset with you, or mad or do anything to you for this, okay?". Silence. "I need you to at least give me a nod kid. Taiya nodded reluctantly. 

"There are a few questions I need to ask as a preliminary measure." He explained. "Have you ever made yourself sick or induced vomiting in any way?".

Taiya felt his head swim with the amount of times. 

He didn't like this. He didn't want to talk about this. He wanted to go home. And fuck, he didn't even know where home was anymore. 

Hot tears pricked in his eyes. He really wanted to go home. 

-------------- ------------ ----------- ----------- ------------ ----------- ------------ 

Taiya had been in the hospital for well over 48 hours when he was finally discharged. A nurse had come to remove the IV and he had been allowed to collect some of his things that had been confiscated from him at the police station, including the new phone. 

Now he was just sitting in a waiting room, again. He spent a lot of time in waiting rooms these past two days. Or maybe three days? He wasn't sure he slept through the parts where there wasn't a police officer or doctor present. 

They told him his guardian was coming to pick him up and when they had he was relived. It had to be Mori, right? The company had custody over him if his mom and her husband were out on bail, right? 

The door opened and Taiya got to his feet a little too quickly, ending up a little dizzy. 

"Careful." A voice cautioned, "You just got discharged, but don't think I wont march you back to the front desk if I think you're too sick to leave.". 

No amount of acting training could stop Taiya from letting his face fall in pure disappointment. 

His teacher stood across from him in the room. Aizawa noticed the reaction immediately and offered him an apologetic look. "Come on, problem child. You're stuff from the apartment has been moved into your new dorm room. You'll start school again in two days on Monday, if you're up for it.". 

The boy seemed to be rooted in place. "Where's...." He trailed off, not trusting himself to sound stable or unaffected. "Where's Mori?". 

"He's not coming.". 

Taiya blinked at his teacher. "What?" He asked. 

"He's not coming." The teacher repeated, watching the boy's reaction closely. 

'Why?' Was Taiya's first thought. Was he stuck in traffic? Was he also in the hospital? Had the agency called him into an emergency meeting? 

"I'm your temporary foster carer." Aizawa explained. "As a licensed hero, I'm a foster parent and seeing as I know you already, I was the welfare office's first choice.". 

"Wouldn't...." Taiya started again but stopped himself. 'Wouldn't Mori be the first choice?' He thought. Was he going insane? What was going on? Why wasn't Mori here? Why wasn't he their first choice? 

Suddenly-a thought broke through his muddled stream of consciousness. 

'What if he doesn't want to come get me?'. 

-------------- ------------ ----------- ----------- ------------ ----------- ------------

Mori stared down at the table that separated Aizawa and him. He took a deep breath and took the information in full.