He was an only child, or so he had been thinking all his life. One day, his father told him he would become a soldier at the best base in the United States and be in charge of one of the biggest secrets in the world: superheroes. He had read about Soldier Boy in the newspapers, a super soldier who loved his country. A boy his age with a heart of gold. Steve was his number one fan, telling Mom he would be like that. If Soldier Boy could fight the enemy, why couldn't he? They were the same age! And not only that they shared, they were brothers. Steve had always wanted a brother. When Dad told him the truth, he was thrilled to finally meet him.

In their first meeting he almost killed him, but Steve kept a friendly smile and controlled his enthusiasm, the same that was disappearing as the days went by. Word spread fast at the military base, among the new soldiers they began to tell stories about superheroes, things that if they left the military base they would get shot in the head. There was a marker on the wall, 126 marks. The illusion was false, superheroes were created. He was nothing like the Soldier Boy in the newspapers, but he still had a passion for taking down the enemy, after knowing the history behind the Fort family, he pitied his half-brother a lot. Steve didn't know what would have become of him if he had been raised by doctors and the military. Two kids the same age, an unfaithful father and abandonment.

"How are you son?" his father approached smoking a Cuban as he watched the new recruits do lizards. "Are you going to cross the ocean and kill some Nazis?"

"I don't want to be left behind" he replied coldly.

"I'm very proud son. You're standing where I used to stand, I trained little brats that still had their mothers tying their shoes. Someday this whole base will be yours. I'll talk about getting you on Ben's team, I don't want you to die son."

"Thank you father."

He wished he was on Ben's team, not for the protection of a superhero, but to be with his brother. He knew Ben and the things he was capable of if no one had an eye on him. Rose had been in charge her whole life and was the only person Ben had a minimum of regard for in his opinion. He didn't want to leave Rose alone in the middle of a war with Ben, if they both didn't have their minds right... he feared for the world. Ben was unstoppable, almost immortal, and Rose was capable of splitting the planet in two, though he was certain in his heart that at least the superheroine was a good person. Rose was a very kind and resilient woman. The soldiers spoke of her patience and shyness. They said that she endured the taunts of the soldiers and mistreatment from the doctors, no one had liked her on the base, only Ben. They were right, Rose had enormous patience for her brother and fought for what was right. Steve looked up to her and helped her in any way he could, just as he had done with Mom as a child, washing the dishes and setting the table, staying and talking with her from noon to night as she grew food for all the soldiers. He did everything to be with her, he loved her deeply.

And it was because of his immense love that his days in the field of fire he used to wake up ready to avenge his fallen comrades having a clear conscience that the superheroine would not allow mothers to receive the deaths of their children in letters.

"Fort, do you know where the fuck Harrington is?" The Lieutenant Colonel from his battalion with the mission of preventing enemy occupation in areas of high oil value hurried over, his cap damp with sweat. "Soldier Boy says he didn't spend the night in his cabin, didn't get his morning sex and is acting like a jerk. He almost took the head off one of our pilots, he's your brother! Do something and get the superheroine" He ordered offhandedly. "Who thought of bringing assholes with powers in here!" he shouted away, not so loud because if Soldier Boy heard him he'd smash his head in.

Rose had been very strange the last few weeks, she stood by Ben's side without moving her facial expressions, she looked like a piece of rotten flower opening her lips to say yes or no. She was pacing back and forth following the orders of the real strategic experts and was dragging teary eyes. Several of her boys whispered that they had seen her crying in the night with her knees buried in the ground and white flowers growing under her hands. She had over a thousand soldiers wondering if it was true what they were seeing or if the drugs were doing their job because the next day there were no white flowers anywhere. Steve hadn't had the time to talk to her, Rose would disappear when the shots weren't dancing.