I hiss in pain when the burning hot ramen hits my tongue. "Fuck," I curse to myself, carefully blowing it and letting it touch my lips once just for safety reasons before putting it in my mouth. I slurp it up and nod again. Just a little habit I have when I eat good food. My mom used to tell me that.

I hear my front door open and that's when I hear Armin's voice announce, "Eren, it's us!" I twist my head around and Armin waves at me, Mikasa behind him. Armin raises his other hand up which is holding a plastic bag. "We got five boxes of ice-cream," he proudly informs. This dude gives me butterflies.

Mikasa has the spare key to my house, and she usually comes to visit me every other day after work. Most often, Armin comes with, but he hangs out with me more than she does. Armin lives in an apartment nearby and Mikasa moved out a couple months ago, courtesy to her job at one of the top law-firms in the country. And Armin does some science shit.

"You have eye bags," Mikasa says as I get up to grab the ice cream bag from Armin.

"You look great, too," I throw a sarcastic smile in her direction before checking out the flavours he got. I can't help how giddy the sight of all the ice-cream makes me. "Why so much ice-cream, Arlert?"

He shrugs with a warm smile. "I don't know. It's hot these days."

Armin has always been the sweetest boy on planet earth. He's so warm and perfect to spoon (speaking from experience.) Once you cuddle him, it gets addictive. No teddy bear is ever satisfactory enough. And I love how he never comes over without food or drinks of sorts.

Mikasa, on the other hand, comes mostly to take the food Armin gets me. She's one bitch of a sister but is the kindest and most supportive when the situation calls for it. "Have you been stressed?" she asks, grabbing a bowl from the shelf. Of course she's worried about my well-being. When is she not?

I pull out a spoon and hand it to her as she opens the matcha ice cream. "Yeah, the chauvinist state of the world is such a pity. On top of that, homophobia? I think homophobia is just gay, bro, trust me."

Armin pulls his brows together. "That sounds kinda homophobic."

"Precisely," I smirk at Armin and send him a quick wink and a kiss. He chuckles at me and I turn back to Mikasa. "Oh, and my fourteen year old son doesn't put the toilet seat down anymore. Can you believe it? Ugh, stupid teens." I dramatically roll my eyes with a hand on my waist.

Mikasa sends me a glare, taking her bowl of ice-cream to the couch. "Eren, I'm being for real. You don't even text us much anymore."

I fall into step behind her with Armin and my ice-cream. "Where, in that groupchat? That shit's been dead for months, Mikasa."

"That's not true. We do talk," Armin counters.

I hum and sit down on the floor, leaning my back against the couch. "Let's see, Armin sends a picture of scientific facts once in two weeks and Mikasa responds with a single emoji."

Mikasa clicks her teeth. "You don't even do that."

I sigh. She's got a point. "I just haven't been on my phone much, you guys. Nothing to worry about." I dig my spoon into the bottom and sides of the bowl of ice-cream and pull those parts up to the top. That part's always much silkier because of the contact with the room-temperature bowl. Perfect consistency. "And we do need to revive that groupchat. It's sad. I miss texting you guys but I guess we all have jobs now."

"Alright," Armin says. He's sitting behind me on the couch. "Eren, look up," he tells me, and when I do, his phone is atop my face and he clicks a picture.

"Ayo," I instantly pull my head back down, swiveling my body to face him as he laughs at the picture. He shows it to Mikasa and now she's laughing too. "What the hell, man," I cackle when I see the picture.