𝟎𝟑 | 𝑁𝑦𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎...

Start from the beginning

Somehow, despite my rather adventurous morning delight, I arrive into work efficiently and thankfully on time, a situation which I previously deemed impossible to occur caused by my tardiness. "Dr. Prez?" a shaking oesophagus speaks out to me as my hand wields a susceptible board rubber, which scrubs airily across the packed OR board as I push back my next surgery due to unforeseen repercussions. Still facing away from the person stood behind me, I reply with a slight expected dictatorial tone in my voice, my medical status in the hospital's hierarchy allowing this. "What is it?" the timid voice speaks out shyly yet again, seeming intimidated by me, the unequivocal certainty that it is one of Chicago Prez Infirmary's surgical residents of a sure length. "Dr. Grey sent me to find you for a consult. Are- are you free?"

At the request of practicing medicine again in the last 10 minutes after hours of scut work, I find my excitement rate exceed at the light mention, the upcoming consult gaining my interest. "I am. Tell Dr. Grey I'll be right there." after spending a few solid minutes rearranging my upcoming surgeries to a state that I saw fit, during my line of trail toward said consult, I run into Dr. Meredith Grey, general surgical attending at my family's hospital, and also a good friend of mine since my internship here. "I was told you need me for a consult?"

"Yes, I have a patient who's come into the ER complaining of stomach pains after falling and hitting her head, signs of possible a concussion, nothing drastic, but better to be safe than sorry." I nod in agreement with Meredith's medical statement, following her closely as she directs me toward an ocean-coloured drawn hospital curtain, which is pulled open to reveal a very familiar face, one that I'd never forget, even if it has been a certain number of weeks after it left my eyesight, my pupils growing achingly sore at the loss of sight of her.

"Juliana?" my shocked tone matched with my exclaimed sentence catches the attention of the newly found woman, who's head turns quickly to face mine, an expression filled with a level of consternation. "Beatrix!" as I previously stated, I'd recognise that face of beauty anywhere, especially for how it sparkles with such refinery that it takes my breath away. I find myself hazed by her much appreciated appearance, taken off guard, a rug below me yanked harshly. After mentally refusing to allow anyone to see me stutter like a blubbering mess, I regain my once lost composure, adding a sensory hint of divine, flirtatious femininity to allow my personality to return. Crossing my arms with a half-grin, "Did you miss me that much you made yourself sick, Juliana?"

Her reticent face morphs into a look of problematic distress, my paltry rhetorically asked question being met with this worried one response. "Oh, n-no, I- I-" soothing her overwrought emotions, Meredith chuckles her usual, girly, light laugh at Juliana's diffidence, casting a generous eye my way in an underlying sense. "Relax Miss Odom, this is normal behaviour for Dr. Prez. You aren't the only victim of her coquettish attitude, and I doubt you'll be the last." my pupils sharpen, the blue in them enhancing my potential social ability.

I easily decide to candidly ignore my associates sentence and retrive a light pen from my white coat pocket, flicking it on to produce a bright shine, and before I attempt to glisten it into Juliana's gorgeous, hazelnut with a sprinkle of golden eyes, I gesture toward her, silently asking if I have permission to touch her, a grant I hope will be accepted. "May I?"

"You may." access confirmed, I tilt her pointed chin upward, the minimal action of my hand wielding her beautiful face setting me alight. Juliana's eyes gracefully follow the whereabouts of the light clasped between my forefinger and middle, and I suddenly realise how soft and delicate her face is in the tip of my fingers. I shine the light into her mud eyes, finding nothing wrong medically, however I must find the time later on to recover from the beautiful view before me, as I myself may develop a concussion of my own. "No obvious signs of ICP. Have you felt dizzy, nauseous or hazy since your accident?"