Chapter 30

"....Let us not pursue success and recognition as we go into the future. Instead, let us pursue kindness and generosity, believing each person to be valuable and worthy of our respect. I thank you all for joining in to celebrate this day with us. I wish all my fellow mates best of luck for what their future holds and congratulations for everything they have achieved so far. Thank you." Harry bowed and left the podium with the sounds of hundreds of claps thundering throughout the Great Hall following him.

Dumbledore walked up to the podium, smiling brightly. "Thank you, Mr. Potter, for such inspiring and invigorating words. It was one of the best speeches I've heard in all my years at Hogwarts."

"Thank you." Harry whispered the words silently and smiled.

Parents and students alike cheered loudly. The ceremony continued, as the teachers came forward to say a few words, sometimes drawing laughs from the audience.

_________________________________________

"Congratulations, Mr. Potter." An old wizard with white hair and slightly greying skin joined him at his table. From his clothes itself, Harry could say that the man was a pureblood from some old family. "From what I've heard, I had not expected anything less though."

"Thank you, sir." He replied.

"And why are you sitting alone on your day? Where's your family, boy?"

Harry tried his hardest not to grimace. He had lost count of how many times he'd answered the same question today.

"They're busy, sir. May I know who you are?"

The man extended his hand, chuckling slightly. "My mistake. I am Fredrick Flint, Marcus' uncle."

Harry shook his hand and smiled. When the man tried to take it back, Harry tightened his hold on it.

"That's good to know. But Fredrick Flint died yesterday. Poisoned from an imperfectly brewed Felix Felicis, can you believe it? He was a potioneer at St. Mungos for over fifty years. So tell me, who are you?" The man tried to pull his hand away, but Harry held onto it, ready to crush the bones under his palm. No matter who this person was; right now, they had the bones of a frail old man, which were quite easy to break.

When the first crack was heard, the man cursed. "Alright! I get that you're ready to break the bones during your own graduation ceremony, Potter! I wish you would've put this vindictiveness in the task given to you."

Harry stopped dead and let go of the hand. "Montague? What are you doing here?" He whispered. He looked around. Luckily, nobody was paying any attention to them.

"Came to see my friend graduate? Of course not. Let's go talk somewhere else." He got up and left the table.

Harry sighed, knowing what this was about.

_________________________________________

He found Flint's dead uncle standing in a corridor adjacent to the entrance of the common room.

"Did nobody really not sneak out?" Montague said.

"They're all spineless cowards. I think nobody till the fifth year has ever even sneaked out after the curfew." He said dismissively.

"Spineless cowards." Montague came forward to stand in front of him. "I don't think you of all people have the right to call anyone that."

"You have no idea–"

Montague took hold of his left arm, dragging up the sleeve of his robe. He sneered at the bare arm. "How often do you hide it?"

"Did you expect me to roam around Hogwarts with the fucking dark mark on display for everyone?"