XXII. Electricity Touch

Start from the beginning

It is for me? I thought to myself when I heard footsteps from behind. I turned around and my heart start racing. It was Dooshik. He stand at the kitchen entrance and looked at me with his usual blank expression.

"is this for me?" I asked

"....you haven't eaten the whole day" he said and walked past me to grab a mug, filled it with water before walked back upstairs.

My heart still beating even after he leave. Why is my reaction like this..... I shouldn't be like this..... This is embarrassing.

I take out the container that have jjamppong in it before sat down and eat it. I am grateful for him to do this. I guess he can't ignore it because he is kind..... I am sure he felt bad about not having breakfast with me earlier so that's why he did this. I was grinning the whole time, I am having the jjamppong.

After done eating, I went to my room and get ready to fall asleep. Should I text him and say thank you? Did I even had his number?

I opened my phone and check my contact list. Thankfully, I had them. I don't even remember I had them.

'thank you for buying me meal and let's talk tomorrow. I had something I want to say'

I press send and close my phone. I will apologize to him for what happened.

<Tomorrow Morning>

I take a shower and wear my home clothes because the event is at evening. I went downstairs and began preparing to cook for breakfast.

"Kring.....kring...." my phone rang.

I picked up the call and heard my mother voice.

"Good morning, my daughter!"

"good morning, mom. How are you?"

"I am good. Thank you for asking. How are you and your husband?"

"we are fine. Thankfully"

"good, good. Yoomin, are you coming home this 21st?"

"....why?"

"your brother is coming home so I thought you will want to spend time with him"

"oh really? Yeah sure"

"talk about it with your husband. He never meet him yet"

"okay, mom" after that, she hang up. I take a deep breath and continue cooking.

My brother can see through me. I am afraid he able to know how messy this marriage is. If it's happen, I'm not sure he will act like nothing wrong. He pretty protective over me.

I was absorbed in my thoughts when I heard him clearing his throat

"what do you want to talk about?" I turned around.

"...you want to talk about it now?"

He sighed, crossing his arms "I had no time later" I gulped at it. I am not sure I am ready....

"if you want to stay silent like this, I better just go" he groaned and walked away

"Dooshik!" I ran after him and stopped when I am behind him "please don't go yet" I take a deep breath "I am sorry" I bowed my body in half.

"......"

"I'm so so sorry. Let's not fight like this anymore, please"

He turned and face me "I don't care about it anymore" he said letting out a sigh at the end of his words.

"then....why are you being cold with me?"

"I don't want to give you the wrong impression or make you and your boyfriend relationship to sour" I looked at his serious face. My fists clenched to my side. Is it because of that?.....

".....you don't mind me in relationships?"

"there's no reason for me to care. I told you at the beginning that you are free to date anyone you want"

"B-but......I get it....." I failed to control my emotions when my tears start pouring. It's hurts so bad. When he said that so casually.... It's hurts.

Dooshik step forward and cupped my face. He wiped the tears pouring out my eyes with his thumb. His gaze soften "why are you crying?" he mumbled loud enough for me to heard.

His hand are warm and I felt secure like this. They make me can't stopped crying. I felt like my emotions take over my logic and it's hurt.

"..did y-you mean it?" I asked. My heart are begging for him to say 'no'. I was hoping for him to say that he actually bothered about the fact that I was dating Mincheol.

He let out a sighed and come even closer. His lips just a few inches apart from mine. "don't date him. He doesn't deserve you" he whispered.

My heart felt tingling at it "why...."

"I overheard him. He just using you"

"I....know..."

"date someone better" he pulled away "you deserve it" I grabbed his hand and come closer to him

"there's no one out there for me"

He peered down on me "there's is"

"you know....when we were kids, I used to like you" I confessed. He showed no emotion about it

"but.... You bully me because of it" I grasped his sleeve harder "that's.... Make me hate you so much....then you move to Japan, following your dad after your mom passed away" I cried remembering how heartbroken I am at the moment.

"I...dont know that you had hard time after your mother passed away. So.....i used to call you coward. You ran away from everything" he caress my cheek with his thumb, letting me continue

"but then....i heard my mom talked on the phone about you almost.....suicide...."

Dooshik stopped when I said that. He was surprised that I know about it "I want to check on you but.... I was too egoistic and just keep everything in"

"you are not wrong, Yoomin. I am a coward. I did ran away from everything" he hugged me, pulling me even closer.

"I don't remember anything we had in the past. I lost my memories so even if you did check on me. I probably will ignored it" I pulled back.

My eyes widen in surprised "what?"

"I lost my memories after my mother passed away. Doctor said it was because of shock that hit me hard that I forget everything that happening before she passed away"

"a-are you okay?"

"I'm okay. I don't know I used to bully you because of your feelings and I apologize for it" he lean down "I used to like you too. I write down my confession on a letter which I never able to give you. I saw them... When I clean my old room" he stroke my head "so don't felt sad, okay" smile appear on his face.

That's the first time that he ever smile at me.

I don't want to miss this chance.... My heart aching badly. Without me even realizing, I start staring on his lips. Dooshik noticed it too. I realized it when I saw his Adam apple bobbled.

"Can I kiss you" he asked as my heart start racing. He lean even closer but stopped, eyes peering into mine.

"s-sure...."

His lips crash on mine. My heart went crazy and I don't even remember what happening anymore.

His grab on my waist tighten when he brought me even closer to his body. After a while, he pulled back. I felt lost....

"I had to go. Sorry" he turned around and leave. I looked as he walked away in daze. What is this.... We kiss but.... We are nothing.....

-to be continue-

I change from broke her finger to bully her because it's sound so mean and bad.