"This trap doesn't target your god card. Universal Adapter, activate! This card allows me to choose a monster that you control. The attack of all other monsters currently on the field become equal to that monster's attack, until the end of this turn. I'll choose the only monster you have on your side of the field: Winged Dragon of Ra!"

The evil Marik's eyes widened as Akia's Red Eyes Black Dragon's attack matched his god card.

"Yeah!" Otogi exclaimed.

"Go, Akia!" Jounouchi cheered.

"She probably included that card in her deck on purpose for this duel! Once the attack resolves, both monsters will be removed from play!" Yugi happily stated.

"I won't let that happen!" Marik's distorted personality yelled out. "Winged Dragon of Ra! Enter Phoenix Mode!"

"Huh?!" Jounouchi and Otogi interjected.

"Phoenix Mode?" Yugi inquired.

Akia clenched her teeth, not knowing exactly how Phoenix Mode worked. She had only seen it once during Bakura's duel, but she didn't know if there was more to it.

"Akia! The moment is getting close!" Her past self informed her. When the attack resolved, both monsters were still standing. The Winged Dragon of Ra was now in Phoenix mode, its entire body engulfed in flames. Its attack and defence were both down to 0, but no damage was dealt to Marik.

"What is this...?!" Akia questioned.

"When god first enters Phoenix Mode, it is impervious to attacks and no damage is dealt to me for this turn," Marik's evil personality chuckled. "Now, I will fuse with god and destroy you as soon as my next turn comes! I will pay all but 1 of my Life Points to become one with god!"

That was when it clicked in Akia's brain. Fusion!

The Winged Dragon of Ra's attack went up to 4949, and all that was left of Marik's dominant personality was his left eye. His evil personality was split in two, most of him fused at the god card's head, and only his left eye and arm were left standing in front of Akia.

"Turn end." Marik said ominously.

"Marik!" a voice called out from behind Yugi and the others. Everyone's attention turned to the voice to find it belonging to Ishizu.

"Sister...!" Marik's dominant personality weakly called out.

Behind her came Anzu and Honda, who was helping Rishid walk there.

"Marik-sama! Don't give up!" Rishid said to him.

"Rishid!" Marik exclaimed.

His evil half frowned. "What is he doing here...?!"

"Akia, did you figure out what to do?" The red-eyed girl's past self asked.

Akia nodded. She grabbed her Millennium Scale and addressed Marik's dominant personality.

"Marik! Listen to Rishid! You can overcome this!"

"Akia... No... I'm weak... This all happened because I'm so weak. You got hurt because of me.

This is all hopeless," he sighed in defeat.

"No, Marik-sama! You are strong. You're one of the strongest most kind-hearted people I know! You're the only one who can take back control!" Rishid encouraged him.

"Marik! I will help you! You just need to be willing!" Akia exclaimed, pointing her Millennium Scale at her opponent. "And then, we can finally be together!"

Destined to be Yoursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें