Scarlet Arc Chapter 4 - Starstruck

Comincia dall'inizio

Zorua stared at me with a dull look as I rolled my eyes, sighing. "Do people seriously not know their typing? Don't let this chance slip by! Use Extrasensory!"

Striking the Shinx once more, it was knocked out as the Team Star Grunt stumbled back, shocked. "Turns out I was the one Starstruck..."

The other grunt came running over just as shocked, looking to her Pokéball choosing against it. "Man, this trainer is wack! It looks like we chose the wrong person to pick on..."

"Hey, what's going on here!" Nemona shouts, running down. "I don't quite believe this. Did I leave such a bad first impression you would rather fight Team Star than little old me?"

"Don't look at me; these weirdos tried recruiting me and then just started a battle."

"We're standing right here, you know..."

"Oh, I see how it is. Team Star is causing more problems again." Nemona huffed, staring at the two grunts.

"Umm, no?" One whispered, stepping back. "It appears we've overstayed our welcome. Like Hasta la vistar."

Doing a strange pose, they both ran off. "What's their problem?" I whisper.

"Don't pay any attention to Team Star; they're just a bunch of students who cause problems and skip class. Sorry it took so long, but here you go, the tera orb I mentioned."

Flipping the orb up and down, I nodded. "Thanks, It might just come in handy."

"Now you've got a tera orb. Wanna battle?" She smiles, holding a Pokéball.

"No, thank you."

"Aww, why not? This is the perfect chance to try it out!"

"Nah, ah."

"Come on; we just have to battle!"

"No means no."

"But!" Nemona shouts, pausing. "Hold that thought; sorry, we can't battle just yet. I forgot Director Clavell asked to bring you to his office. Maybe next time?"

"Sure... I wonder what the Director wants? Maybe he has a way to get us back home!"

****

"Director! We're here; Please tell me you can get us home!"

"Ahh, Y/N, there you are. I have a few people who would like to help the best they can." Clavell said, stepping aside and showing an older man on the screen. "This here is the famous Pokemon Researcher, Professor Oak."

Professor Oak held his hand up, waving. "Greetings, it's great to meet you, Y/N. I've heard all from Clavell here of your dilemma; it's fascinating to have such an occurrence happen. It's not the first I've heard of it either."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask curiously.

Professor Oak stroked his chin, nodding. "Yes, well, I cannot confirm or deny the idea, but people time travelling isn't too unheard of here in Kanto and Johto. Am I sure Clavell has already mentioned the Time Travel Pokémon Celebi? There have been quite a few encounters with this Pokémon either intentionally or unintentionally sending people back in time. I heard of one case where Team Rocket's boss was stopped from returning by a mysterious child who vanished, never to be seen again."

"On top of that, a boy called Sam was said to have accidentally travelled forward in time. Together with another young trainer, they managed to save Celebi and the lake of life from a Team Rocket grunt. Does this Pokémon ring a bell by any chance?"

Professor Oak shows a picture of Celebi, leaving me with nothing but a blank thoughts. "No, Professor, I'm sorry, I've never seen that Pokémon before."

"I see that only makes sense, I suppose. It isn't common for Celebi to be sighted outside Johto, let alone Sinnoh. No matter, I shall continue to look into this further. I'm planning a trip to Sinnoh to discuss the possibility of this incident with Professor Rowen. I'll contact you if anything comes up." He pauses as one of his assistants shows up, whispering to him. "Oh, that's right, he is coming back today. Sorry for my sudden leave Y/N. I have a trainer to meet; I hope to speak soon."

"Thank you, Professor..."

Director Clavell gave a stern look seeing me upset. "Don't look so down, Y/N; we do have two more people who could help. In fact, they have personally asked for you these last couple of days since your arrival."

"Someone has?"

The screen changed over, showing two more Professors; one wore an outfit not too far off, something I would see the bandit sisters wear. The other had a much more futuristic suit. The man was talking to the woman before noticing us. "Ahh, my apologies. Good day to you, Y/N; thank you for taking the time to talk to us. I'm sure you are overwhelmed by many things. My name is Professor Turo, and this is my wife, Professor Sada."

Sada lifted her head standing up with a smile. "Hello there, we've been keeping watch on you since you arrived at the Academy. You are the current owner of Koraidon; am I correct to suggest that?"

Koraidon burst from its Pokéball startling us. Professor Turo nodded, pleased. "Fantastic, you see that Pokémon belonged to my wife here. However, it fled during a recent incident here. Could we ask a favour of you? I know you're under great stress given your circumstances, but could you look after our Koraidon for the time being? I believe travelling with you could bring out its potential."

I looked to Koraidon, unsure. "I mean, I suppose so. But truth be told, Professor, I seriously want to go home. I'm worried about my friends and Pokémon; I'd rather not stay longer than I have to."

"We understand fully, Y/N." Sada insists. "You have our full support, in fact, we believe we may have a breakthrough on getting you home, but we need more time. We cannot resolve it in a matter of a few nights."

"I. I understand."

"Thank you." Turo carries on as Sada walks off-screen. "I apologise; Professor Sada isn't feeling too well right now. Our breakthrough has taken priority over other things as of late. But, I promise you, Y/N, I will resolve this mess caused; all I ask in the meantime is that you look after Sada's Koradion. It's what she would have wanted."

"I'll be happy to; after all, it saved my life. You said you had a breakthrough, Professor? What does that entitle?"

Professor Turo paused for a moment, looking off-screen, slightly concerned. "I'm sorry, Y/N, Director Clavell, I will have to cut this conversation short. I'll be in contact with more details soon. Thank you again."

The connection was cut off, and I was left slightly confused. I looked to Clavell for more answers. "Both Professor Turo and Sada are this region's greatest minds. If they are believed to have found a solution, they mean it. While we wait for answers, I should provide you with one of these. It's a Rotom Phone, and you can use it to contact others for any needs; it also has a map of Paldea and a built-in Pokédex app. No need for pen and paper."

"Really... That was the best part." I whispered. "So, more waiting then? Any suggestions on what I do until then?"

Clavell nodded, standing back up. "Yes, actually, I'd suggest getting a good night's sleep. Tomorrow the Treasure Hunt begins; I'm sure it's something you'd be quite eager to take part in. So do not worry, I shall explain all the details tomorrow. And as always, if you need anything, you can come to me."

"Thank you again, Director, for everything," I said, bowing slightly and leaving. My Rotom Phone began floating in front of me as I stepped outside, freaking me out.

I stared at it as a strange voice came from it. I jumped back. Both Mimi and I were scared for our lives. "Is this Y/N?"

"What on earth? How are you talking through this small device?"

"I? Huh? I've hacked your Phone as I wish for you to help me. I saw how you took on Team Star without any problems. So I want to propose Operation Starfall to you."

Grabbing the device, I threw it in the bin, stepping away trembling. "It's haunted... Nope! Nope! Nope!"

Choosing to run, Mimi was close behind as the voice from the Phone echoed out in the bin. "Umm... Hello? Y/N? Damn it."