no emotions. (thirteen)

"I can't believe you!" I gushed. We stood in the middle of a park where the fight had taken place moments ago, yet it all looked so empty. Enid peered down at her shoes, embarrassment flowing through her. After a couple seconds of silence, she gazed back up at me.

   "You wouldn't get it." The girl pestered. She tucked her sleeves back down, keeping more quiet than usual. I analyzed the small bits of bruises and splotches of blood on her face. The boy really did a number on Enid. I bit my lip, not knowing what to do with the stupidity that had happened.

   "Yeah, I wouldn't understand it." I furrowed my eyebrows, there was no reason for a fight like that to just randomly happen for no reason. "Not a word while we walk back." I sighed, the least I could do was walk back with the girl, right?

~

   We arrived in the courtyard of Nevermore, a bunch of stares were given and thrown around at us. "Go get yourself cleaned up at the clinic." I ordered to hear. She bit her lip, nodding silently. I watched as she slowly made her way to get all bandaged up.

   Sure, I felt bad for her. I maybe even have went overboard on the girl. To be honest, I didn't even know why the two of them were fighting. It was like a loop hole, one question after another. I couldn't straight forward ask her what had happened, she had already been through enough because of me. If I stepped in earlier it wouldn't of ended up bloody.

   I opened the dorm's room, everything was the same but it still felt empty. The fight left a tiny puncture in my little black heart, and that was hard to do. I immediately noticed Thing on my desk, he flipped through a magazine Enid had given him earlier.

I sat down at my chair, the hand ignored me. "Come on Thing, I didn't abandon you, I just let you roam while the fight happened." I mentioned. He was obviously annoyed. Great, now it seemed like I was going soft. I refuse to go soft, it's stupid. Why show emotions for things that don't matter? I let out a sigh. The fight didn't matter, it was something I shouldn't even had been involved in.

No way was I, Wednesday Addams going soft on stupid Enid Sinclair. It seemed like I was a mentor or a caretaker. I'm none of those. If anything, I'm a grave digger. I'd rather be thrown in jail than to be called soft.

Thing finally stopped ignoring me. He flipped to the end of his magazine and threw it aside. The hand tapped on the hardwood desk, mostly asking about Enid.

"She is fine, it's not like she got into that bad of a fight!" I scoffed. That was nothing compared to the stuff at the Addam's residence. Back there, a guillotine is normal. I just wished everything would stop being about the fight. It's stupid.

Right then, Enid walked in. A bandage covered a small portion of her face. The dried blood she had earlier was now all gone. The girl peered at me before sitting down at her own desk and pulling out her laptop. Of course, the minute she walks in she glued herself to a screen. That just goes to show how addicted my generation is to technology. But it is Enid I'm talking about, she couldn't go a day without any devices.