Chapter 69: Xiao Lizi

Comincia dall'inizio

“There has never been anyone who dared to throw away the things We have bestowed. Especially in front of Us.”

Was this his explanation for why he got angry?

But Ling Xiao did not believe that things were so simple.

However, the Emperor wasn’t willing to talk more about it, so how was he supposed to find out?

“We have bestowed it to you, so take good care of it. Besides you, no one can touch this jade.”

The Emperor’s words were a bit strange. When he wanted to ask, the Emperor had already shifted the topic.

“As for the matter with Concubine Ran, no matter the reason, you were too excessive. Your punishment will be one year of salary, do you have any objections?”

Ling Xiao knelt in acceptance, “Ling Xiao has no objections.”

The matter has escalated this far, so being punished was natural. Besides, although the Emperor punished him, he had the key to the warehouse, so a year’s salary was simply insignificant.

How could he have any objections?

“Very good.” The Emperor bent down to support Ling Xiao up, hugging his waist and then sat down by the table. “Then you and ‘I’ can have a nice chat.”

The Emperor referring to himself as ‘I’ and not ‘We’, caused Ling Xiao to widen his eyes in shock.

But he was secretly delighted in his heart. Did this mean the Emperor was now regarding him as his equal?

With this, it made Ling Xiao feel that he and the Emperor were much more intimate.

But at the same time, Ling Xiao noticed that when the Emperor said that line, he had added weight to those last five words. This kind of emphasis made it clear to him that the Emperor was still angry. However, since the Emperor had always been a rational man, his anger did not influence his decisions. 

Ling Xiao understood at this moment; since the Emperor said they were going to have a chat, that meant the Emperor meant he was going to make him pay. He didn’t know why, but when he thought about it, Ling Xiao started to tremble, a feeling of unease rose in his heart.

The Emperor, who was looking at him from the side the entire time, could see his expression changing and clearly make out his unease.

He had just gone from threatening gestures, to a kitten that was probing him with its tiny claws in a moment. The raging anger he had been keeping in check in his heart now almost completely disappeared.

Only this man could invade his heart, growing and affecting it.

The Emperor heaved a sigh that carried his helplessness.

He didn’t even know how many times he had sighed today. Even in past years, he hadn’t sighed this many times combined as now.

“If We don’t come to find you, can’t you come find Us?” The Emperor softly spoke, a hint of depression in his words, “How could We refuse to see you?”

“……” Ling Xiao went silent, he really didn’t think about trying to go find the Emperor. These past few days, like he was peeved, he wanted to see just when was the Emperor going to come see him.

In the end, his act of being peeved not only caused the two to not see each other for several days, but also made such a simple affair so complicated. Ling Xiao felt annoyed.

Eyeing Ling Xiao’s remorseful face that caused his face to wrinkle, the Emperor smiled and leaned over to land a kiss on top of Ling Xiao’s head, who looked like an adorable small cat.