Chapter 2: Day 1

Começar do início

You guys can stay in your old groups, with Leon missing from his. We'll meet back up in...say three hours?" Everyone nodded, and I walked out with Nagisa, Kotoko, and Izu. I asked, "Shall we recheck the classrooms?" The three of them agreed and we made our way back to Classroom 1A.

We start looking through the desks and the shelves. Anywhere that can hide something the size of a credit card. Kotoko said, "Ah! What's this?" She holds up a velvet-colored...hotel room card. Luxury? Really? Nagisa thinks and says, "There's only one place for that. Remember that door that Akuma, Momota wanted to break down before Monokuma stopped him?"

Kotoko replied, "That's right! We should look around to see if there are any more." We left the classroom and went to the one next door. We saw Hajime's group; Harukaito patiently searching the room and Komahina on the floor. More accurately, Nagito is sitting on the floor holding his head, and Hajime is trying to get him to calm down so he can apply the band-aid to his head.

Kaito looked up and said, "Hey! Right on time! Did you find anything?" Nagisa said, "What about you?" Maki interrupted, "There's something in this closet over here. We can't get it open." Kaito pulls on the door to make their point. I whispered to Izu, "Do you think it's a person?" He scoffed and walked up to the closet door. He turns the doorknob and pushes the door open.

He grabbed the chest inside and set it on the nearest desk. I yank open the top and find another velvet-colored hotel room card, only it's tinted a little darker.

Hajime's POV:

Quiznak. I can't believe that this guy has such bad luck. Not only did he somehow hit his head on the desk, my little brother was here. Just great. As much as I do love him, (as family, you weird fucks.) it does get annoying when he calls everything boring. I do wonder how Hanta's doing... Nagito interrupted my thoughts by tapping me on the shoulder.

He stuttered, "Are you...okay? You zoned out a little." Why does this guy have to be my soulmate? Of all people, I get stuck with the guy who is an absolute bitchboy for the concept of hope. Whatever the hell I was thinking...I don't have a clue. I mean, he's somewhat cute, he isn't that much taller than me-

Yoshi walked up to us and said, "Are you going to keep staring into Nagito's eyes or are you going to put the damn patch on?" I blush and place it on the right side of his forehead. My fingers smooth over the area a second time so the patch won't fall off after he stands. I stand up and say, "I'll be outside if you need me." I close the door behind me.

Nagito's POV:

Huh? Why did he stare at me for so long? Granted, he did look away really quickly. I am that hideous to look at, aren't I? Ha! I genuinely am worthless! I hit my head on the side of a desk because I slipped on a note that stated something was inside the closet. And I couldn't even help!

However, Hinata-kun was flushed when he stepped out. Was he embarrassed to look at me? That's the Frontotemporal Dementia and Stage 3 Lymphoma's fault; I wasn't always super pale and my hair was auburn before my luck made me this way. Utsuro was right; being THIS lucky is a curse. It won't just let me die!

At least I have something to live for. Kamukura-san is someone who knows how to deal with his luck. I can only strive to live like him, to the point where my luck doesn't bother me, without saying everything is boring. In that case...that's more similar to Naegi-kun. I'll just find a way to cope with everything that happens to me.

Soracion-san said, "Nagito? Are you going to get up? Do you need help?" She offers her hand, and I see a slight scowl on Kamukura-san's face. They must be close, I don't remember him being so jealous over someone offering help to another person. I get up and thank her before exiting the room.