"I understand how you're feeling, Naomi, trust me." Daphne was the first to speak after Naomi's confession. "But you should never settle with just anyone. You have time. Enough time to find someone who you should truly marry and create a family."

"Daphne's right." Persephone agreed, placing a hand on top of Naomi's. "The social season isn't over yet and you have enough time to find someone. I don't want you to settle with anyone just because you feel like things are ending. Things are just beginning for us."

"I just don't want to end up like my mother." Naomi whispered. Daphne and Persephone looked at each other, being clear they heard what she said.

Naomi's parents were a touchy subject for the girl. Her mother settled to marry her father solely because her mother forced her to. The Everfalls were a family of money and power, much like the Thornharts. But this resulted in an unhappy marriage. Arguing over little stuff. It was one of the main reasons Naomi didn't want to have a social season.

The girls were the only people that knew how much Naomi didn't want to marry. Naomi didn't want a marriage like her parents and she wanted to avoid it at all cost. Any conversation about the social season, Naomi would try changing the conversation or confess how everything was dumb.

But now that their social season was here, Naomi couldn't avoid it. She couldn't change the subject because it was all people talked about. The fear of having the same fate as her parents grew.

"Hey, look at me." Persephone made sure to make eye contact with Naomi once she looked up at her. "You will not have the same fate as your mother. You will not settle for someone just because. You will find someone who you will want to spend the rest of your life with. Of course, you will have arguments here and there but things will work out. You have time."

The thing Persephone wanted was for her friends to have an unhappy marriage. She wished for the both of them to have an amazing marriage. Naomi had her fears but she had to fight and conquer. She had to break the cycle and build a good marriage with a husband she would marry for love. She shouldn't lower her standards.

Naomi nodded her head, understanding what her friends were telling her. "I know. I know. It's just...I look at others and think the worst."

"Well, you shouldn't. Any guy would be lucky to have you but not any guy should have you." Daphne stated, giving Naomi a pointed look. "You have a lot to offer, don't settle for less."

"Enough about my sob story, what about you two?" Naomi was always the type to change the subject when it came to her. She was more of a suffer in silence type of person and hated when the girls tried to get her to talk about her feelings. Even now when she was the first to confess her problems, she felt weird and immediately wanted to have the conversation revolve around her friends instead of her.

Once again, Daphne and Persephone shared a knowing look before sighing. They knew once Naomi would change the subject, they would have to stop talking about Naomi's issues and focus more on their own.

"I think Persephone should go first, considering she was spotted with a Duke." Daphne winked, elbowing Persephone.

"Says the one who's also been spotted with a Duke?" Persephone scoffed. "Not just any Duke but the Duke of Hastings. Someone who declined any offer from other women."

"Persephone does have a point, Daph."

"It's all fake." Daphne confessed, making sure no one heard her except the two girls.

"What?!?" The two yelled, making Daphne shush them.

"Keep your voices down. I'm only telling you girls because I trust you both enough to keep this secret."