Aftermath

"It's been a while since you left the bad guys for the police Carm huh?" Alexis asks as she and Carmen are sitting on a fountain drinking coffee while waiting for Ivy to get some hot chocolate.

"Not since leaving Gray for Interpol on the train to Paris. But I'm just glad above all that our friendship has withstood so many years." Carmen says as she smiles at Alexis making her blush.

"Yeah. We've been friends since we were kids. Always were on the opposite sides of the law until you left the bad guy business behind." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Maybe but I'm grateful you always had my back either way. Like just a little while ago with Goldlove." Carmen says.

"Yeah." Alexis says shyly.

"Remind me never make you angry." Carmen says as she chuckles.

"I will." Alexis says as she chuckles.

"So what were you trying to tell me earlier?" Carmen asks.

"Huh?" Alexis asks.

"You had something you wanted to tell me. Something that you were afraid I might not feel the same about?" Carmen asks as Alexis gives a nervous look.

"Oh uh never mind. It's nothing really." Alexis says nervously before she feels something on her hand and sees Carmen is holding her hand making her blush.

"Alexis come on. I know you better than that. What's on your mind?" Carmen asks concernedly.

"I can't tell you. I'm afraid it will ruin our friendship." Alexis says as she looks away.

"Alexis you can tell me anything. I'm your friend and that will never change." Carmen says reassuringly.

"You promise?" Alexis asks nervously as Carmen nods.

"I promise." Carmen says.

"Okay then. Here it goes. Carmen I like you. A lot. I've liked you ever since were kids. I've been acting weird these past couple weeks because I wanted to tell you." Alexis says nervously.

"Why didn't you?" Carmen asks.

"Because my nerves kept getting in the way. I understand you don't feel the same. We can pretend we never had this talk if you want." Alexis says sadly as she looks down.

"Why would I want that? I like you too." Carmen says as she chuckles and smiles.

"Really?" Alexis asks in surprise as she looks at Carmen.

"Yeah. I just never said anything because I thought you didn't feel that way either." Carmen says shyly.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me." Alexis says happily as she hugs Carmen before pulling away.

"Oh I got an idea. But let's say we make up for the lost time and go on a date together when we get home huh? A nice dinner and movie sound good to you?" Carmen asks as she smiles while Alexis nods happily.

"That sounds amazing Carm." Alexis says before Carmen kisses her on the lips making her blush.

"Good." Carmen says as she smirks proudly.

"Hey I got my hot chocolate! Let's head home now. It's freezing here." Ivy says as she comes over with a cup of hot chocolate.

"Home sounds great right now." Carmen says as she and Alexis stand up.

"Definitely." Alexis says as she and Carmen begin to hold hands before following after Ivy.