30.

Thank you Eliza!!!

Perhaps a little drama is a great way to wrap up the year!

After Alexia was subbed in, the game intensified. With their key player back on the pitch, Barcelona were easily able to score the third goal. The one-two with Aitana was a perfect assist, making the smaller striker score right before the final whistle, making it a 4-1 victory in the first leg against PSG.

When the final whistle sounds, everyone raises their hands in jubilation, the crowd cheers loudly and enthusiastically about the great second half and the captains' comeback. Overwhelmed by all those emotions, Alexia drops to her knees with watering eyes.

She was so happy.

The noises grew louder. The Culers had taken over 'Parc des Princes' and while the Alexia chants once again echoed through the cool Paris night, the brunette was only looking for one particular person.

When she saw that blonde strolling side by side with Martha across the pitch, she couldn't help but walk towards her. Nothing would stop her. Not even Martha.

"Obvious", coughed Martha as she walks past Erin once her colleague had stopped. The blonde shyly extended her arms and embraced Alexia tightly as she approached.

"Come here... I need that now", Alexia smiles as her cheeks flush when she feels cold arms tighten around her neck, the blonde's head nestling against her neck as she speaks. It didn't matter that Alexia was all sweaty and dirty.

"I'm so proud of you", the blonde's lips brush over her skin as cold fingertips trace small circles across the athlete's neck.

The embrace was short, but it was all they needed in that moment. When she heard a couple of cameramen approach from behind, Alexia quickly pulled back, turned and walked away so the cameras would follow her instead of crowding Erin.

That was something she clearly didn't miss.

She wouldn't want Erin to be uncomfortable.

While the captain celebrated with the others and thanked the traveling Barcelona fans, Erin and Martha were already back in the locker room cleaning up and packing up the team's belongings as they were leaving for the airport soon.

"How are you doing? Alexia mentioned she has been worried about you this morning", Martha states as she reaches for several empty bottles and stows them all in a huge plastic bag, while Erin folds some jerseys.

"I'm... happy", Erin tells her, knowing that she didn't really mean what Martha intended. But it wasn't a lie. She was happy for Alexia and today's result. Defeating PSG was huge.

"You're a liar", Martha laughs dryly, knowing she wasn't kidding, but at least her reaction lightens up the mood.

"I am", Erin shrugs, organizing the bags and belongings in the middle of the room, as Martha settles down on the bench and looks up at her friend.

Meanwhile, Alexia made her way to the substitutes' bench to grab a water, when Jonathan follows her.

"Hey superstar! You were great today", the head coach chirps, proudly patting his captain on the back as he plops down on the bench, completely stunned by the match and all the events surrounding it.

"Thanks coach. I'm so happy with the work everyone put into me. The coaches, teammates, and also the therapists", Alexia grins happily, glancing back towards the pitch to find Erin and Martha chatting with the assistant coaches.

"I am so glad you got to make your comeback before there are some upcoming changes in the staff. This way, those won't affect you too much", Jonathan says, shoving his hands into his pockets when he rests back into the seat, his eyes unbelievably wandering through the stands.