xii. 𝐡𝐲𝐝𝐞 𝐯𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TWELVE—
hyde vs life

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER TWELVE—hyde vs life

"Jesus." Blake stared at Tyler after Wednesday practically dragged her away, back to Xavier's art studio were he was chained up. "Tyler's the hyde? But, he's so nice now."

Ajax waved her over.

"Tried to tell you it wasn't Xavier." Blake gave Wednesday a knowing look, she pulled her gaze away but it was clear she had been second guessing herself.

"Welcome back." Wednesday stared as Tyler began to come to.

"Where are we?" his eyes glanced around.

"Somewhere where no one can hear your screams." she told him in response, standing a few feet before.

"What's with the chains?" he yanked on them, looking around with a scared look.

"Are we sure it's him?" Blake whispered to Ajax. "This is kinda sad to watch."

"Wednesday seems pretty certain." he told her back. "At least we can get Xavier back, right?"

"Don't ask stupid questions." Wednesday stared at Tyler with narrowed eyes.

He stared at her like she had five different heads. "Wednesday, this is crazy. I'm a normie."

"That's only half true." she said in return, grabbing the old fencing photo to point to the woman on the far left. "Do you recognize her? Perhaps if I hadn't been distracted by my own mother hogging this photo, I would have noticed yours sooner. Your father fell in love and married an outcast. "

"Fine, my mom was an outcast." Tyler began defensive, Blake still couldn't grasp the idea of him, after all he'd said to her at the Gates mansion, that he was the so called hyde. "That doesn't make me a monster."

Then it hit her.

"According to her personal medical records-" Wednesday grasped the file on the desk.

"You stole her medical records?" Tyler stared in betrayal. Ajax noticed Blake's face, a million thoughts going through her head as she was clearly trying to piece them all together.

"Technically, Thing did." Wednesday corrected him. "He took them from your garage. Your father's quite the pack rat. Her postpartum depression triggered her condition."

"My mom had severe bipolar disorder." Tyler told her in return, his eyes all watery and red. Blake felt bad, she really did. But, it didn't change the fact that it made too good of sense. Too much connected, she just needed the perfect opportunity to ask him why.

"We both know that's a lie." Wednesday rose her voice at him. "She was a Hyde. And your father has been living his life in dread, never really quite sure whether or not she passed her condition on to you."