𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖉𝖉𝖆𝖒𝖘 𝕾𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

I turn to Wednesday, whose devious smirk is a mirror of mine and bring her closer to my side as we watch the jocks trying to swim to the edge and get out without getting eaten. We watch as the clear pool water turns red with blood.

The shrikes echoed around the pool, sounded like pure music to my ears.

________________

That performance cost us more than I would care to admit; it landed us in pure hell. Our parents were trying to suck each other's mouths off. We were getting shipped off to boarding school and not some random boarding school. It was the place our parents met and fell in love.

"My darlings, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?" my mother asked us with a worried face. Yes, I was being petty; kill me. I didn't want to go to some random school in some random town. I wanted to stay at home with my beloved family and pets. I missed the caress of death and the caws of my ravens. I'll miss the darkness that seemed to seep into my very being.

Wednesday just ignored her and said, "Lurch, please remind my parents that I'm no longer speaking to them." Wednesday was a petty one, more than me. Lurch just grunted like usual.

Mother just hummed in disappointment. Father felt the tension and spoke up, "I promise you, my little viper and my raven, you will love Nevermore" he turned to mother and looked at her like she gave him life and said, "Won't they. Tish?"

Sometimes I wished for a love like my parents, for someone to look at me and how my father looked at my mother like she breathed life into him. It was truly beautiful; even after many years, they still acted like newlyweds. It was embarrassing most of the time.

Mother nodded with a smile and said, "Of course. It's the perfect school for them."

Here we go again. A few years ago, Wednesday and Mother had a falling out. I was still unsure what had happened, but their relationship was fragile, and it got worse whenever Mother spoke about the past, the Nevermore years.

Wednesday silently scoffed and said, "Why? Because it was the perfect school for you. I have no interest in following in your footsteps. Becoming captain of the fencing team, Queen of the Dark Prom, President of the Séance Society." She listed Mother's achievements, making me smile and proud of her.

Mother rolled her eyes at Wednesday's comments and said calmly, "I merely meant that finally, you will be among peers who understand you. Maybe you'll even make some friends."

I scoffed loudly at the mere thought. Friends? No, thank you. All I need is my pets, Wednesday and my books. Friends lead to emotions; they are a gateway to things like love and sadness. I didn't want to change. I loved the way I already was.

Father sighed and said, "It's a magical place. It's where I met your mother. And we fell in love." He leaned in and started kissing mother, making Wednesday and I shake our heads in disgust and look at each other with annoyance.

"You guys are making me nauseous", I said, stopping their make-out session from getting too heated. "Not in a good way", Wednesday noted after me.

"Darlings, we aren't the ones who got you expelled. That boy's family was going to file attempted murder charges" Mother hummed knowingly and said, "How would that have looked on your records?" She questioned conspiratorially.

I gasped at her and clutched my pearls around my neck in surprise.

"Terrible", Wednesday said with a slight sadness in her tone. She looked mother dead in the eye and said, "Everyone would know we failed to get the job done." She looked at me with fear, and I shook my head at the very thought.

𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐍 ━━ 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें