letter - 5th year

The next morning I just wanted to lie in my bed and sleep.
Harry didn't show up yesterday and I didn't want to apologize either as I didn't do absolutely anything.

So I decided to ignore him as long as he doesn't want to talk to me. Hermione urged me to talk to him, but I was too angry. We went down to the hall to have breakfast. Harry and Ron were already seated at the table and when Harry looked at us I turned away.

"Y/n, can we talk, please?"
he said softly to me as he slid down next to me. I looked at him blankly and turned away.
First he accuses me of flirting with George and then he won't open his door when I want to talk to him?

"Please, I just want to apologize to you." This time I turned to him and gave him my meanest glare. "Honestly, fuck you Harry." And so I got up from the table to go back to my bed in my room.

~

Harry's pov:

I screwed it up. Y/n runs out of the hall and I don't understand why. George was hanging on her every word the whole time and she didn't do anything about it. I turned back to my cereal when I sensed Hermione's eyes on me.

I raised my eyebrows. "What?"
Her eyes grew angrier and she noisily dropped her spoon onto her plate. Ron turned to her just as confused as I did.

"You're kidding me. You're making all the drama just because she talked to George and then she follows you and you don't even open your door so she can come into your room to talk to you!"

She was already getting up from the table when I stopped her. "Wait, Hermione. She wanted to come to me?" I asked her guiltily. "You know her well enough to know that yourself."

Before she could even finish the sentence, I got up to go to my room. I have to fix this.

~

Y/n's pov:

I was laying in my bed after thinking the whole time about whether I treated him unfairly.

I was reading a new book that my father had sent me as I hadn't heard from him in a long time and I wouldn't see him again until Christmas.
When a letter slipped under the slot in the door, I slowly got up to get it. It could only be from Harry, I could tell from his terrible handwriting. I opened the nicely folded letter carefully and took a deep breath before reading it.

~~~

My dear Y/n, please read this letter before throwing it away. I can understand you and it was a huge misunderstanding, because when you wanted to come into my room last night, I wasn't there. I'll explain everything to you in more detail when you meet me down at the Black Lake at 6 pm.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you in any way.

In love, Harry

~~~

I couldn't help but smile because of the fact that it was all just a misunderstanding and I have no reason to be mad at him anymore.

But why wasn't he in his room last night when I knocked?

When the door suddenly opened behind me, a strained Hermione with tousled hair looked at me. "Y/n, please listen to me. Harry wasn't even in his room yesterday! Ron told me."
I still smiled and then hugged her tightly. "I know, he wrote me a letter." And now she started to smile too, although she still looked a bit confused.

"A letter?"
"A letter."

I put it in front of her and she read it all carefully.
"Oh my god, I didn't know he could be that cute."

I nodded, blushing instantly when she hastily glanced at her watch. "It's almost 6 p.m, Y/n! Hurry up before you're late."

I changed quickly and then made my way to the Black Lake.

~

As I walked out of the castle, a cold wind came towards me.

It was getting colder and I definitely should have dressed warmer or at least brought a jacket. The air was cold and it was foggy.

The leaves are already turning red and orange, so they fell down and it rustled with every step.

The lake was sparkling and it reminded me of Harry and my first meeting, even if it was just by chance.
He blushed so much when I walked by and sat next to him by the big tree. I was visiting Hagrid with Hermione when I saw him. He was reading there and his hair was hanging in his face. The leaves rustled just as loudly and through that he heard me walking towards him. We talked for a long time and after a while it got so dark that I couldn't see him at all. We ran to the castle and then said goodbye to each other. That was the first time I felt that Harry has a special place in my heart.

The shimmer of the lake was still blinding me, but I could already see Hagrid's hut and my boyfriend leaning against the tree and staring out at the lake. His hair is messier than usual, which is probably from the wind.

As he did about three years ago, he heard me by the rustling of the leaves. He looked at me and immediately smiled, then stood up and before I was even there or had a chance to say anything, he kissed me.
But not as usual, but with longing and hunger. His tongue found mine and my hands found themselves in his hair. He slowly led me to the branch of the tree and pressed me against it. We fought for dominance and unfortunately he won. When I couldn't breathe, I tried to get the words out from under his kisses. "Har- Harry. I can't - Harry, I can't breathe." He slowly let go of me and gave me a guilty look.

"Oh I am sorry." I laughed softly.
"It's alright. " His smile widened again and his thumb slowly traced the shape of my lips. "I have missed you so much."

"Harold, we saw each other last evening."
"I love it when you say that name." and he kissed me again.
"And I also know we only saw each other last night but after that night it wasn't a nice memory.
Listen Y/n, I was a total idiot. I was unfair to you and to George.
I'm also sorry I didn't open the door for you that night."

"It's not that bad, but where were you last night anyway?"

"I was with Hagrid because he wanted to show me his new kite and later I communicated with Sirius through the fireplace in the common room. I should have been there, sorry."

Suddenly his eyes grew concerned as he looked down at me. "But you already know that it's autumn?" I had to smile and rubbed my arms to warm them up. "It's okay." I stuttered.

"Y/n, you take my sweater now and it'll be fine." He took off his sweater and the shirt he was wearing underneath pulled up a bit. As I was still staring at it, the corners of his mouth turned up even more.

"Here." he said as he held out his sweater to me. I whispered a thank you and kissed his cheek as I pulled it on and could smell his scent.

"Shall we go for a little walk around the lake, or is it too cold for you?"

"No, it's fine. We can do that." He took my hand and a little later after our walk we made our way back to the castle.

~

Does that story even make sense :)?

Love you
-lina