The gig (where we met) - Maya Hawke

Start from the beginning

cute

„Alright we're done. You can flirt with the bartender now, we're playing in 20 minutes, alright guys?" Dylan said as Braedan and Cole went outside to smoke a cigarette. Dylan put his arm around my shoulder, both of us going over to the bar where only a few people were already sitting. The bar was still empty, only a handful of people and of course the people who worked here-
speaking of

„Hi" I said to the bartender, my dimples showing as I gave her my best smile.
„Hey" she replied, our eye contact intense as she continued to make a drink for the guy next to us.
„Uh we-„ I coughed surprised at my squeaky voice.
„What she meant to say was - we'd like to order something." Dylan finished for me, the both of them chuckling at my awkwardness.

„Right what would you like to have-„ she started, waiting for us to say our names.
She must've have taken over while we were playing because there was guy here before who helped us set up.
„Y/n- Y/n and Dylan." I replied quickly, „and what's your name love." I asked trying to keep my accent at bay.

„I'd like a Guinesse beer." Dylan ordered, looking at his phone for a minute.
„For me a moscow mule." I ordered, earning a surprised look on her face.
„Can I see your ID please?" she said with a smirk, holding out her hand.
„Wha- What do you mean- do I not look 21 to you?" I asked, my expression hurt as I waited for a answer, ignoring Dylan who was dying of laughter.

„She- She hshjfhfu she doesn't think you're 21." he laughed, head leaning on the bar for support.
„Cut it out. You've got to be joking though, right?"
„Mhmm no, show me your ID or no alcohol for you hun." she said again, a teasing smile on her face.
Shaking my head I gave up and showed her my ID, not being sure if this was a way of flirting with me or her actually being serious.
„Cute. You're 5.8'?" she asked, looking at my ID interested, I just nodded and smiled at her.

„You've got to check him too though, this spaghetti ass looking fella could be 17." I said pointing at my mate.

„Mhmm no, he looks old enough." she said, winking at me as she turned around to make our drinks.
My jaw dropped, slapping Dylan's neck when he started laughing again.
We waited for the drinks, catching up with each other because we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks now.
When she handed us our drinks and asked who was paying I stepped over to the counter.
„It's on the house." She said as soon as I reached into my pocket, nodding at Dylan to already go to the stage.
„What do you mean? Why'd you call me over then?" I asked confused, a small smile on my lips as she leaned closer over the counter.
„Maybe I just wanted you for myself for a minute and maybe me asking you for your ID was me flirting." she said smirking as she softly held my bicep.

„Oh I uh-." I mumbled, my cheeks red, not being used to the attention.

„Good luck Y/n, I'll be watching." she said, handing me a small note.
„Uh what's your-." I started
„My name is Chloe." she answered cutting me off and getting back to work as I slowly walked back to the guys, them already smirking at me.
I chuckled dabbing Dylan up when I sat down at the table next to the small stage. They interrogated me about her as people began to fill up the place, feeling the weed course through my body.

A few minutes later we stood up, getting on stage and tuning our instruments.

„Uh hey, hi." Dylan started, everyone turning around to the small stage with the chatter slowly dying down.