"yo, nekos!"

that voice.

"yo, bastard!"

those unnecessarily loud voices... as per kiiro. her widened eyes turned sharp as the two captains smothered each other, breaking the wall's formation. the two talked as if they were the only ones in the area, which successfully irked kiiro. as always.

with a huff and a subtle scrunch of her nose, she stomped her way towards the childish pair to scold them, only to be stopped by a certain black-haired setter.

"hi, kiiro-san," akaashi greeted with a small smile plastered across his face.

the female returned a similar smile, "hello, shi-chan," was her response.

and that was it, akaashi and kiiro only held their gazes toward one another without speaking a single syllable at all. the subtle interaction between the two wasn't, of course, left unnoticed by the childish captains. then, it was chaos after a second when the two males pointed them out.

"aren't you going to stop them?" yaku asked their blond setter.

kenma took a quick glance at them before returning to his phone. "akaashi's there, anyway."

┉┅━━┅┉

the shoes squeaking against the floor and the loud bam noise from the ball flying over the net. the gymnasium is fairly noisy for the nekoma manager, so it was bearable for her, at least. instead, the mess on the floor, the pocari sweat bottles, and the towels laying around were triggering her.

so much that she has been cursing every single thing in the world, living or nonliving - curse their existence for this mess.

"for-the-nth-damn-time-fix-your-posture is what kii-chan's eyes are trying to tell you." the vice captain called out to taketora.

after the hundred times kiiro has served the ball to taketora, he still couldn't move on to the next step of their warm-up routine, as the manager kept telling him to stay put and spike the ball over the net.

the mohawk male turned to kai with a disbelieving face. "that was all the problem since the beginning, and she couldn't even tell me! she just kept saying, "stay. spike the ball," for minutes now, leaving me confused as to what's the problem!" taketora complained.

kai carefully eyed their manager, who had her usual expression as she stared at nothing. "i understand your frustration, taketora. but look, haven't you noticed that kiiro-san is training us to figure ourselves out because once we're in the court, it's only us."

although, kai had already explained to his teammate what was going on, taketora still remained stubborn and continuously complained. kiiro definitely knew about his complaints, but she didn't mutter a word to him and let the frustrated male do things on his own.

"kii-chan, go take a breath outside first." coach nekomata gently tapped her shoulder, to which she agreed, and she left the court without looking back at the team.

kiiro let out a sigh after closing the doors behind her. their team isn't always on the trail. there would be times where the boys would have an argument with her, but at the end of the day, they would settle things. however, things right now seem different from the previous ones, and she doesn't know how she would confront the situation.

deeply immersed in her thoughts, the soft thump that came from the vending machine because of the impact of the bottle against the steel surprised her. kiiro bent down to grab the bottle of aloe vera juice before opening the tightly sealed cap and chugging it down to quench her thirst.