ONE

Marissa rubbed at her eyes, smearing her maskara from the other night. She groaned, and sat up, running her hands through her wavy brown hair. It wasn't very long but it was past her shoulders. She had another exhausting day at work, and man she was tired. She got up, tripping over a dirty hoodie, and falling face first onto the ground. She got up slowly and lazily and went to her closet.

She liked her body. No, not liked. Loved. She was always really happy she was confident in her body. It wasn't rare that she'd get asked out or men would pay for her drinks. She put on a white crop top hoodie with high waisted black leggings. She put on boots to go with the outfit and studied herself in the mirror.

She looked more mature than what she was. Being twenty six with the personality of a forty year old. She was smart, and she knew she was probably going to stay single for the rest of her life. The last time she dated someone, he cheated on her and said nasty things about her. Things that will haunt her forever.

But she's chosen to move past it. She definitely hasn't forgiven him, but she knows it's best not to bother anyone about something that happened four years ago. She heard rustling downstairs, probably in the kitchen, when she smelled bacon. She smiled and walked to her bathroom. She wasn't a vegetarian in any way. She could never be one anyways.

She wiped all her makeup from last night and put on more natural makeup; light foundation, pink lipstick, and some contour. Her looked before was all dark; maskara, foundation, red lipstick, eyeliner, dark eye shadow, and contour. It had taken her precisely three hours to get ready for last night, and it hadn't lasted long.

She never dated, but she did sleep with men (and some women) a lot. Like last night. She brushed her hair and put it up in a ponytail so it looked more smoothed out and not like she was hung over. She walked out of her bathroom and walked downstairs, careful not to trip over her Dad's books. Her Dad was a college professor who taught psychology, and her Mom was a best selling author.

Melissa wanted to be an author too some day, but she was doubtful. Yes her writings were good, but no one read her books online so who would read them offline? For now, Melissa worked at a cafe down the block. "Hey Mel." Melissa's Dad said. She smiled at him and sat at the table, acknowledging how much food there was. Her Mom walked in and her Dad looked up. Melissa looked exactly like her mother, but she had her father's facial structure; high cheekbones and sharp jaw.

"So... We have to talk." Peter Brooks announced.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I will not be able to edit probably at all this weekend but maybe I'll get to a chapter. Have a good night/morning/evening and thanks for reading!

Also please leave suggestions because this is my first book.

LIKE A FLAME | | UPDATINGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें