Chapter Seventy Five

Start from the beginning

"God I've missed this." She sighed a couple of minutes later as I set her back down. "Are you really gonna stay with me?" 

"I'm really staying babe, I promise. Don't worry. But we'll have to talk some other time-"

"What? Why?" 

"Don't look like that babe... I just mean there's people waiting for you, your family are here, my lot are probably waiting to go to the train station." 

"I don't care about any of that. Do you think you could, like just call your dad and tell him were working things out?" 

"Of course... but what about your-"

"One phone call." Perrie smiled, pulling her phone out of her bra. 

"Have you had that down there all night?" 

"No, just the last minutes on stage. I'm gonna call my mam... babe it's just me and you tonight. Everyone else is just gonna have to wait."

**

Perrie and I lay together in semi darkness, just looking at each other. Perrie had her hand resting on my face, and my hand was on top of hers. 

Perrie had spoken to her mam on the phone, having had a couple of missed calls from her already. She had simply told her that they wouldn't be seeing her again that night, and hung up before her mam could ask too many questions. 

I had spoken briefly to my dad; he had guessed I would be staying with Perrie after what had hapepned on stage. But Alfie had snatched the phone from him before I could say much, begging me to get hold of Lauren before his phone blew up; I guessed from that that the internet probably had a thing or two to say about Perrie's actions. I hadn't spoken to Lauren other than to text her and tell her I would call her the next day to stop her bombardment of calls. 

Since then, it had just been the two of us. Nothing had been said yet but I knew Perrie was building up to it. Her thumb continued lightly stroking my face, a pained expression on her own features. 

"Don't look like that." I said quietly. 

Perrie smiled a little. She slid closer to me, so we were almost pressed together, propped up on her elbow. 

I was startled when tears filled her eyes. "What are you crying for? Babe don't, please..." 

"The one thing I promised you is I'd never raise a hand to you and I couldn't even manage that." Perrie sniffed. 

"I more than asked for it-"

"No you didn't, Jakob-"

"Perrie I accused you of having no feelings for me. I would've hit me too." 

"Don't." Perrie said angrily. "I hate myself for that, more than anything else... I'm so sorry Bear. I never should've acted that way." 

"It's forgotten." 

"How can you be so... forgiving?" 

"You just kissed me on stage in front of thousands of people... that took balls." 

Perrie smiled shyly. 

"But I - I just feel..." 

"It's okay babe, tell me. I get how I've made you feel and I can't just make it go away with a kiss, I know the damage I've caused and I'm gonna make it right. Just the fact you're still here with me means the world to me, anything you wanna say you need to tell me, I don't care because everything you're worried about is my fault and I will make it right." 

I watched Perrie take my hand, concentrating on the way our fingers slid together. It was easier not to look at her. 

"What you did up there was amazing... it felt amazing. I'm just wondering if you know what you've let yourself in for after you seemed so against it-"