What did I do?

Wukong pov

Just knowing Macaque was still out there is unsettling. He is supposed to be dead. So why is he still breathing and being a pain in my ass? I look at MK who was finally sleeping after all that has happened today. I knew something was off but I just didn't want to believe the scent I smelled was from him of all people. Out of everyone MK could have two-timed me on it had to be the zombie.

I looked at MK and jumped out the window onto my cloud. I need to find him, he can't be messing stuff up anymore after so many years. There are plenty of sketchy places about the city but I do know one where he might be. I fly past the shadow play building and spot the abandoned dojo that strangely has a light on. He is so dead when I get my hands on him. I kick down the door and get a smell of his scent covering the place washes over me. How long has he been here? I walk through the rooms. There are plenty of places for shadows to pop up, no wonder he likes this place.

"Macaque, get your wannabe ass out here I'm not playing games anymore," I yell. I wait a few seconds and get no response but hear movement from the bedroom. I grab the handle of the door and swing it open. Macaque was trying to escape out a window.

"No no no, you don't get to start some shit and run from it," I say as I grab him by his red scarf. "Who am I kidding, it's the only thing you know how to do," I laugh as I punch him in the face expecting more of a fight. The monkey burst into purple dust at contact. I can't say I was expecting it but I sure wasn't surprised.

"Wukong, bud, it's rude to come to a person's house when uninvited," I hear his voice say coming from many directions. I feel hands grab my legs and try to trip me and anchor me to the ground. I know this move of his all too well. I grab into the wall straight above me and pull Macaque out by the throat.

"You need to get some new tricks up your sleeves," I say as I start beating the shit out of him. He clawed at me and even tried escaping using his tail but nothing prevailed. I'm ending this now. Then instead of my fist connecting his face, he bites my hand. I jerk back and the next thing I know I'm being ruthlessly kicked, punched, and anything you can think of. I couldn't get a second to address where the next move was coming from.

My vision gets blurry and I can feel myself losing consciousness. Then it all stopped. There was a body kneeling beside me with a fist resting on its knees.

"I've waited so long to kill you," Macaque says.

"But I... Can't," He stands up and brings his staff out and points it towards my neck.

"I just want to let go but I will never get that luxury," I look up at him through swollen eyes to see him crying as he looks down at me. It shocked me when I saw his ears out but even more startling were his eyes. A huge scar went through it and he was blind in that eye.

" no, I don't give a fuck. Just like how YOU didn't the day you killed me," he claims as he lifts his head and the sad face was replaced with anger and revenge. I quickly stand and put my guard up. I knew he died in battle but did I... kill him? That's not what I was told. I was told he picked a fight with some powerful demon after me and him and a huge argument over my master and he bit off more than he could chew. I wasn't surprised and I never grieved over him. Macaque was still pointing at the staff at me but his face was stained with tears. I put my guard down and started to let out a relaxing peach scent he liked before. He quickly used his hand to put his scarf over his nose. He always had that scarf where did he get it from? As I rack through the thousands of years' worth of memory it hits me. I gave him that scarf. I gave it to him when we were little and I was still nothing more than a smart monkey. I didn't even have a kingdom yet. He kept it all this time. I touched the end of his staff and started to push it down. Macaque flinched and stiffened up more. I knew he wanted to attack me so why wasn't he?

I know I've known Macaque my whole life but why can't I remember anything about him? I never noticed how little memory I had of him. That's strange because I asked that one goddess to make me a potion that would let me remember everything that happens in my life... everything but Macaque.

I quickly pull the staff towards me which pulls Macaque who didn't let go into my chest. I hug him tight, he is trying to push me off but I just can't let go. What have I done, what did I do to make him hate me so much?

"Macaque I'm sorry, so very sorry," A whisper into one of his six ears.

"For what Wukong, for what you all high and mighty king?" He asked. His tone was filled with so much hatred it hurt me.

"I don't remember," is all I say as I look into his eyes. He was shocked and then he grinned. I fucked up. He slipped into a shadow and reappeared out of my grip.

"I can't believe this," he says before he starts laughing. "You don't even remember what you did. That's so funny Wukong," he says as he bends over grabbing his stomach from laughing so hard. When I don't respond he stops. He looks at me with a serious look. His glamor is back.

"You seriously don't remember. Did I mean that little to you!?" He screams at me while gripping onto his scarf. He rips it off of his neck and throws it at me.

"Do you remember why you got me this scarf?" I didn't answer. I take a step back in disbelief. I run into a closet and pull out letters.

"Do you remember asking people to write these letters for you while you were out adventuring so that you could send a clone to give me them so I wouldn't feel abandoned?" He asks, when I look away from him he chucks the box with all the letters in them at my face. I don't dodge it and just let it hit me.

"How do you not remember?" He asks. I looked at him hoping he could tell how sorry I was by my face. He was pissed and upset. His girlfriend keeps turning it on and off. I reach for him but he smacks my hand away.

"What did you do Wukong?" I started to see a shadow portal form on the ground underneath him, "Why don't you remember me," I went to grab him but he was gone before I got to him. I fall to my knees in disbelief. What have I done?