Beneath the shadows of the butler, several creatures rose from within. They were all black as if made from darkness, their eyes gleamed a sinister purple and the shape of their bodies appeared to be humanoid, although it was hard to tell when they were all crawling on all four. “Carry him for me please.”

The creatures responded with a soft shriek and began moving towards Lawrence, who could only stare in horror as black tentacles rose from the bodies of the monsters.

They began wrapping around him until he couldn’t see anything but darkness and the poison from earlier had already spread throughout his body, he couldn’t move nor say anything at all.

‘No!’

However, as they were all about to leave, a loud hiss was heard followed by a sudden drop in temperature.

Lawrence immediately recognized who it was.

‘Theo!’ He tried screaming his son’s name but no sound came out.

“Dad!” A thunderous hiss rang through the alleyway as the soft noise of magic circles being formed could be heard. “I’ll kill you for that!”

“Oh, what a large snake. What sort of monster are you?” The butler didn’t sound scared at all, in fact, there was amusement hinted in his tones. “But I won’t let you take him back, he’s now the property of the Griffins family.”

Without warning, Lawrence’s senses suddenly ceased function and he would soon fall unconscious.

‘Theo…’

.
.
.

The black creatures suddenly began sinking into the shadows below, taking Lawrence with them. 

Theodore’s eyes turned slit as he released his magic, firing multiple shards of ice towards the monsters. “No! Stop it!”

Unfortunately, the monsters moved way too quickly and the icicle spears only managed to hit one of them while the rest impaled themselves on the empty paveway. 

Seeing that he couldn’t take his father back the easy way, he turned his attention towards the butler with anger. “You! Give him back or else!”

“Or else what?” The ol man crooked his neck with an amused smile. “I doubt a monster at your level could kill me, after all, I’ve slain even dragons.”

Theodore hissed furiously. “I don’t give a sh*t! Die!”

“Theo, wait!” Merlin suddenly appeared behind him, he was soaked with sweat from head to toe and was breathing heavily. “Don’t charge in! He’s dangerous!”

“What?”

“Oh? Aren’t you the slave that Young Master loved so much?” The butler raised an eyebrow. “Well, it’s unfortunate that a butler like myself can’t control that collar, however…I’m sure Young Master would be ‘thrilled’ to hear of this rebellious act.”

Merlin’s eyes widened with horror after hearing the old man.

Theodore had calmed down due to his friend’s sudden appearance. It wasn’t smart to recklessly run at the opponent without knowing who he was dealing with first.

His rage had piled up the moment he went to the cave and saw that his father wasn't there. Out of concern, he went out looking for him.

But even after night had fallen, he and Merlin couldn’t find a trace of Lawrence, so Theodore began to panic and slithered to every chicken restaurant he could think of while trying to find him.

And there they were.

Theodore took a deep breath and activated Gaze of Wisdom:

<<Name: Oliver