Chapter 8: Details

Zacznij od początku

"Another round for me, and-"

He looked over at you to ask if you wanted a water, but to his -and your own- surprise you finished your drink and waved your empty glass for a second before setting it back down.

"And," he chuckled. "Another for her as well."

"Comin' up, sweetpea." She giggled. The second she turned to walk away you noticed Alastor roll his eyes and sit back in the booth.

"Friend of yours?" You teased.

"Barely an acquaintance." He said. "But plenty of people know my name and face."

"Looks like you got quite a fanbase."

"A sea of sinners who would gladly try to shag me if given the chance." He huffed.

"Well don't get too boastful." You quipped, noting the air of indifference around him.

"I never fancied the idea, myself." He explained. "Simply no use for it, besides; I'd rather eat a meal together and enjoy conversation."

"You don't do dating or flings too, huh?"

"Can't say that I do." He answered, looking back over at you. "Too?" He wondered, repeating a small piece of what you had asked him and you internally winced. Dammit. Didn't wanna open that line of questioning.

"Holy shit get on the ground!!!" Somebody suddenly yelled, blood curdling and piercing in volume. It broke through the music and chatter in the club.

You and Alastor whipped your heads back to look in the direction of the sound, only to see a tall demon holding accompanied by several others. All but one wearing some sort of guise over their heads to hide their faces, blank masks, potato sacks with eye-holes cut out, gas-masks, animal masks, all of them holding an assortment of assault riffles. Including the one demon amidst the rest who's face was visible. He had a TV for a head, and a smile that could compete with Alastor's.

"My dear," you heard Alastor whisper as he leaned in toward you. "We need to leave."

"Right behind ya."

Alastor grabbed your hand and swiftly pulled you out of the booth, you clasped his hand back tightly as you scampered quickly behind him. You both ducked down behind tables and chairs making your way toward the back; away from the commotion. You gasped instinctively as you heard the sound of gunshots starting to fire and a symphony of foul, blood curdling screams. When Al was sure you were both hidden and out of site from the attackers he teleported the two of you to what seemed to be another location. On a street, somewhere outside of the club.

It left you feeling a little queasy, not used to such a method of transpiration. You blinked and looked around as you took in your surroundings, feeling your heart still pounding in your chest. Sighing with relief you looked up at Alastor, who seemed to already be looking at you.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"What the fuck just happened-"

"Y/n. Are you alright?" He asked again, more assertive in his tone as he spoke. It was strange, despite the smile on his face his eyes looked... almost concerned. You thought little of it, and chalked it up to he would probably get in trouble with Charlie if something happened to you while you were with him.