"Yeah, but why would he think that?"

"You have a reputation, in case you've forgotten, oh Player of Emeraldville High." I mockingly bowed before getting into the car.

"I'm not that bad..." He trailed off as he too got into the car, but one look of disbelief from me made him double back on his statement, "... anymore."

"I know. I don't know why, though." I replied genuinely, not really expecting a response from him on that point. It surprised me when I received one.

"All of us have been through a lot this year. It's put everything into perspective. I've looked back on everything I've done and... I guess I don't really like how I acted. I think I only want to be in a relationship now if I think it could last." He replied, glancing over at me before starting the car. I'm glad his focus wasn't on me. He might have seen the colour reaching my cheeks after he finished speaking.

"Thought you might tell me you needed to focus on your education." I joked, needing to change the tension that I felt in the air. In all honesty, I couldn't tell what the origin of the tension was. I just knew it was different, and it wasn't normal.

"Ha, I love your humour Sora." Ashton replied with a laugh, reversing out of the driveway. I let out a silent breath of relief.

"Yeah, that's me... the funny one." As I spoke, a sense of relief came over my body, the tension slowly easing. I couldn't stop my leg from bouncing. Maybe the tension wasn't eased as I thought.

"Are you okay? You're fidgeting a lot more than normal." He pointed out.

"I'm fine." I replied, staring at my jittering leg as if it would make it stop. Just for clarification... it did not make my leg stop.

"Am I supposed to believe that?"

"Please, yes."

***

"You know, I'm not going to gloat," I said as we walked out of the stadium, a massive smile on my face.

"Yeah, I don't believe that for a second."

"Good. Because, oh Lordy, did my Rays beat your precious little Redsox!" I shouted before he held onto my hand to stop me from absent-mindedly walking into someone. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry-"

"Watch where you're walking." The man told me. I scoffed, about to snap back.

"Not worth it," Ashton spoke directly into my ear, over the chatter surrounding us.

"Yeah, okay," I replied, turning my head to look at him. Close. He was very close. His shoulder was brushing mine, his warmth seeping into my body through the contact. "Hi." I didn't really know what else to say. The proximity of his face to my face was already making my cheeks warm up.

Oh god. I like Ashton.

"Hi?" He questioned. "You realise we have been around each other for the better part of three hours, right?"

"Yep."

Oh god. I like Ashton.

"Hey, um, I didn't want to bring it up but you're acting really weird today..." He told me. I nodded. I had to think of a cover.

"Yeah, well, with everything going on, it's just nice to have a good day for once." Well, that was darker than intended. Oh shit. His face shifted back to worry. That's not what I wanted.

"Yeah, it is nice, I guess." He replied, a sweet smile on his face. Good. I didn't like it when he looked sad.

Oh, my fucking god. I'm an absolute sap.

Dude...Thats Not a Guyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें