-Entering Mondstadt-

After several hours of agonizing walking, you finally arrived in Mondstad. Mondstad was not big, but it was lively. People were happy and it seemed that everyone would want to help you, but it wasn't like that, almost every adult male was a mild alcoholic, every night they would come to "The Angel's Share" tavern and drink while they don't get drunk. That's because they have very good wine, and also, almost everyone here is busy exploring the other areas and beating monsters, so it makes them tired. In addition to the large tavern, you could see some souvenir shops and small stalls with flowers and vegetables, at the very end of the town there was a church, and behind it was a large cemetery. The town had about 100 to 200 inhabitants, I think, it couldn't even stand any longer, it seemed to you, like... like you were superfluous here, that you would just sleep somewhere and then move on... but, enough about that, let's talk about another night. It was your second night here in town and you found out that the ball was going to be held in two weeks. Here's what it's all about, it's about a traditional act that takes place every year at a specific time. This is the only opportunity for ordinary citizens to get to know the people who run this place better. Everyone would have to wear expensive dresses, plus a mask over their face, no one is allowed to talk to anyone until it strikes ten o'clock at the night, after that you have a short but sumptuous dinner and after that, you choose a dance partner. When exactly midnight strikes, everybody takes off their masks and shows each other their faces, immediately after that everyone goes to their homes, and the next day they talk about it with their nearest and dearest. Even though you told yourself you wouldn't stay here for more than two days, you decided to stay until the ball, after that you'll leave and maybe... maybe fate will make you come back here, who knows? You didn't want to miss that festive event and decided to dig a little deeper and see why it's being done and what it's really about.