Chapter 16: I Love You.

Start from the beginning

They'd fallen in love.

~~~~~~~~

The next morning when Luna was woken by the light streaming in through the cracked curtains, she felt her head pounding as her eyes tried to adjust to the bright light. She thought back to the events of last night, and then she remembered the time she'd spent with Chris.

Just as it was all coming back to her, she felt the large arm spread across her stomach and the solid chest pressed against her back.

He was still here.

Her heart skipped a beat as she realised her hadn't left, she'd been so terrified she'd wake up to him gone after he'd realised he'd made a terrible mistake. But he hadn't, he was still here, holding her.

Chris felt Luna move slightly, so he wrapped his arms around her tighter, terrified she'd leave him. He felt he snuggle further in to his hold as he opened his eyes slowly. He moved to nuzzle his nose in to her hair, gently placing a kiss there.

"Good morning" His morning voice was deep and raspy, just as sexy as she'd imagined it would be.

"Morning" she whispered softly, turning her head to face him slightly. His lips captured hers in a soft kiss as he moved them so that he was hovering over her.

"I can't believe I'm waking up with you" He whispered as he pulled back, nuzzling his face in to the crook of her neck. She giggled as he began kissing her neck, goose bumps rising across her skin. "I know"

She placed her hands on either side of his head, pulling him back to look at her. He didn't think that it was possible for her to look more beautiful, but here they were.

"God you're truly the most beautiful woman I've ever seen"

"Oh shut up"she giggled as she rolled her eyes, her arms coming up to cover her face from his stare.

"Hey no don't you dare hide from me." He gently pried her arms away from her face, cupping her cheeks in her large hands and kissing her gently.

"Just take the compliment"

"Okay babe"

Babe.

Oh how he'd dreamt of her saying that word to him, the amount of times he'd been burning with jealously every time it was directed at Matt and now she said it to him. A ridiculously huge smile spread across his face as he looked down at her.

"How about I make us some breakfast?"

~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later Chris was sat at Luna's kitchen table as she frantically moved around making them breakfast, after she'd fed Rex and let him out for his morning toilet trip. She had refused to let Chris help every time he'd offered, insisting she was the one that was cooking as he was the guest, no exceptions.

She put down two plates in front of him along with a pot of tea and a jug of juice, before sitting beside him.

"It's a traditional English fry up" she beamed up at him as she placed a kiss on his cheek before picking up her knife and fork.

"It looks incredible sugar thank you" he started to eat before he noticed she was still looking at him.

"What?" he asked.

"What's with the sugar thing, you said it last night too?"

"I don't know I thought it was cute, plus you taste incredibly sweet so I thought it was fitting" he winked as she playfully hit his arm, "you don't like it?"

"Actually I do" she smiled as they both resumed eating their breakfast. After they were finished, Luna cleared their plates away to start washing the pots, but Chris insisted that because she cooked he would clean. Knowing she had no say in the matter she left the kitchen to go use the bathroom.